Author Topic: Very fake news passes off knob creek shoot as attack on Kurds  (Read 1152 times)

brimic

• friends
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Very fake news passes off knob creek shoot as attack on Kurds
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 02:25:53 PM »
Good grief. I hope this isn't true, or isn't as bad as it sounds.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 02:47:02 PM »
Good grief. I hope this isn't true, or isn't as bad as it sounds.

You should know better than to have hope about the fake news:

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2019/10/14/ummm-is-this-real-abc-news-appears-to-have-used-gun-range-footage-from-2017-claiming-its-current-combat-in-syria/

The beginning of their "reporting" was using a CROPPED video from the Knob Creek Machine Gun night shoot. As in, someone went in and cropped out all the cell phone videoing the event that the real video had to make it seem more "authentic."

Just another example of our corrupt and lazy media.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 07:55:29 PM »
You should know better than to have hope about the fake news:

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2019/10/14/ummm-is-this-real-abc-news-appears-to-have-used-gun-range-footage-from-2017-claiming-its-current-combat-in-syria/

The beginning of their "reporting" was using a CROPPED video from the Knob Creek Machine Gun night shoot. As in, someone went in and cropped out all the cell phone videoing the event that the real video had to make it seem more "authentic."

Just another example of our corrupt and lazy media.

They're only lazy media if they use uncropped footage or shorter snippets. Once they go through the trouble of editing out the giveaways, they're just full on corrupt, not lazy. It took work to try and pass that off.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2019, 08:00:52 PM »
There was a tell in his report:
This video right here appearing to show the Turkish military bombing Kurd civilians in a Syrian border town. The Kurds, who fought alongside the US against ISIS now horrific reports of atrocities, committed by Turkish-backed fighters on those very allies…

Did you catch it?  "appearing to show"   :mad:
"It's good, though..."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2019, 08:12:18 PM »
I just thought of something; they don't own that video, but somebody does and I really doubt ABC had permission to use it.  Someone should serve them a DMCA takedown notice.
"It's good, though..."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2019, 10:27:55 PM »
So here's one example of media deception that has been promptly uncovered.

There are certainly many more deceptive stories in which they're more adept at covering up their deceit, so their lies don't come to light.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2019, 10:47:23 PM »
They're only lazy media if they use uncropped footage or shorter snippets. Once they go through the trouble of editing out the giveaways, they're just full on corrupt, not lazy. It took work to try and pass that off.

I doubt all of them were aware of the editing by the corrupt media. The lazy ones just ran with it. But they were additionally ALL lazy (even the corrupt ones) because of how easily the lies were uncovered.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2019, 11:31:08 PM »
I also wonder if a 3rd party edited it and sold it or gave it to them as a Syria video. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2019, 11:34:48 PM »
I doubt all of them were aware of the editing by the corrupt media. The lazy ones just ran with it. But they were additionally ALL lazy (even the corrupt ones) because of how easily the lies were uncovered.

Fair point.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2019, 07:32:35 AM »
I pretty much assume that anything put out by the MSM, especially foreign affairs is pure propaganda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ3KfEdTT3Y
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama