Author Topic: Oklahoma now has constitutional carry! Starting November 1st.  (Read 2645 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Oklahoma now has constitutional carry! Starting November 1st.
« on: October 31, 2019, 08:16:57 AM »
Our new Governor signed permitless carry in to law this year. It goes into effect tomorrow (1 Nov).
The usual libtards are losing their collective *expletive deleted*it over it. They lobbied the state legislature against it, they started an initiative petition to stop it and when that failed to get even close to enough valid signatures they filed an injunction in the courts. Yesterday the judge sent them packing.

https://www.newson6.com/story/41249417/judge-to-decide-on-permitless-carry-injunction-wednesday

The opposition has been funded by Bloomberg/Moms demand action.

This goes into effect at midnight. Hopefully the streets wont be too slick from all the fresh blood for my morning commute.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Oklahoma now has constitutional carry! Starting November 1st.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 08:32:10 AM »
Cool!

We started out with 18 and over except in city limits, then this year they revised the law to 18 and over anywhere. Boise and other big city police chiefs complained, but tough tiddlywinks to them. We've had no issues that I know of.

What is OK vehicle carry law? That is one area we weirdly suck. Without a permit, I can carry concealed in downtown Boise, but driving there, I have to secure the gun or else leave it laying on the passenger seat or somewhere in plain view (loaded is fine). Which is one of the main reasons I have a permit, so I can just strap on a gun and forget it.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 09:13:25 AM »
I leave my loaded j-frame pocket gun laying lying on the front seat all the time.*  It sits on an upside-down baseball cap to inhibit sliding off the seat if there's a sudden stop or sharp turn.  The muzzle, facing forward, sort of rests under the backstrap of the hat.

A little extra coefficient of friction there, with a high grabbance coefficient.

This is the only purpose in life that particular hat has, and it lives on that seat.

I call it my "car holster." =D

Terry. 230RN

* I very very rarely have passengers anymore. If, if, I do, the gun stays in my pocket.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 09:32:27 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 10:50:59 AM »
I'll have to look into vehicle carry under permitless conditions.
With a permit I can carry a loaded long gun in my vehicle.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 02:14:42 PM »
I forgot to mention that in Commierado, it's always been legal to have a loaded handgun in the car, concealed or not, "permit" or not.

Unless otherwise prohibited by other unconstitutional laws or by special laws in "home rule" cities.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2019, 11:07:58 PM »
Very cool. Welcome to permitless carry.

I hope it's better than Missouri's weak version of same.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2019, 11:21:13 PM »
Very cool. Welcome to permitless carry.

I hope it's better than Missouri's weak version of same.

What's wrong with Missouri's version?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2019, 11:25:11 PM »
What's wrong with Missouri's version?

There are many places you can carry with a permit, but not without.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2019, 05:44:46 AM »
The same restrictions as permit carry. The usual government building stuff, schools, sporting events, and posted private property.
I need to review the law fo informational awareness but my permit covers me.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2019, 08:32:34 AM »
and posted private property.

As in a violation related to carrying a firearm, or simple trespass?

I know various states have various rules on it. Here, the gun is irrelevant. If a business owner doesn't want me to be armed in their establishment, they can ask me to leave, but from the "right to refuse service" side versus the "He's got a gun!" side.

[thread drift] I'm really pushing my luck at Costco. Their commie Issaquah, WA headquarters calls for a "Absolutely no guns allowed ever!" rule in all their stores. There's no signs on the door, and the only reason I know about it is from MSM articles on stores that don't want gun owners in them. The Costco rule is apparently in the fine print in the membership rules nobody reads.

I print/expose my pistol like crazy in my Costco. Mostly unintentional from bending over for a case of water, etc. I'm sure employees have seen it, but not a word spoken. Seems to be the same at Walmart since they started their new rules. I can't help but think local management/employees in various regions of the country know how many customers they'd lose if they rigorously followed their HQ rules. I'm sure I'd have been talked to by now if I OC'd, but so far nothing from shirts riding up, etc.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2019, 08:53:17 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2019, 12:30:12 PM »
I've survived the first half of my day in Tulsa with out being murdered or having to engage in any gun play. I also have not witnessed any obvious running gun battles from my office window.
I did hit a slick spot at a RR crossing on the way in this morning but I'm pretty sure is was just plain old ice and not blood.

Samuel Adams

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2019, 02:22:47 PM »
Washington has legal 'open carry', but there are some advantages to getting a permit.  If you are open carrying in many of our more progressive cities, count on being stopped by the nice officer when the 'man with a gun' calls go into 911.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2019, 03:06:54 PM »
We've had open carry for several years. I don't see it very often.
Tulsa county Sheriff was on the radio discussing the new constitutional carry law. He stated that 911 operators are trained to ask questions when they get MWAG call. Is it in a holster, on a sling? Is he waving it around or pointing it at people? I keep an eye out for gun related news and haven't heard of any issues where a person legally open carrying and otherwise just going about their business has been subject to undue police involvement.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2019, 03:36:47 PM »
Washington has legal 'open carry', but there are some advantages to getting a permit.  If you are open carrying in many of our more progressive cities, count on being stopped by the nice officer when the 'man with a gun' calls go into 911.
If they ever pass open carry here, the biggest advantage to me is the FFL not having to call in every time I buy a new gun.  I can't imagine having to go back to doing that.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2019, 06:27:04 PM »

That's not my blood. I'm type "O" negative.

I'm happy to have my beloved Oklahoma freer. "We don't need no steekin licenses!"

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2019, 06:39:26 PM »
If they ever pass open carry here, the biggest advantage to me is the FFL not having to call in every time I buy a new gun.  I can't imagine having to go back to doing that.

We used to have that in Washington: having a carry permit waived the three day waiting period.  Now, after the Bloomberg laws passed in Washington, the permit no longer exempts you from that requirement.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2019, 06:56:42 PM »

About the only real advantage to having a permit in WA id the few states that honor it and the ability to carry a loaded handgun in your vehicle.

We used to have that in Washington: having a carry permit waived the three day waiting period.  Now, after the Bloomberg laws passed in Washington, the permit no longer exempts you from that requirement.

Once the Bloomberg backed I 1639 passed the Feds no longer do the NICS check so it has to go through the local PD/Sheriff and they cannot do same day checks, so now they have up to 10 days to give a yea or nay on whether you can have the gun. Lowers however are still done by the Feds so it is cash and carry if you have a permit AFAIK.

bob

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2019, 08:40:31 PM »

Tulsa county Sheriff was on the radio discussing the new constitutional carry law. He stated that 911 operators are trained to ask questions when they get MWAG call. Is it in a holster, on a sling? Is he waving it around or pointing it at people? 

How uncommonly civilized -- and logical.

I have read many, many reports, on this and other forums, on this topic. And the response (usually from LEOs) has always been that "dispatchers aren't supposed to ask those questions, their job is to send an officer to investigate ALL MWAG calls." Which, in a jurisdiction where open carry is legal, is a tremendous waste of resources when the vast majority of such calls can be resolved by the dispatcher simply telling the caller, "That's legal in this state, Ma'am."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2019, 10:39:18 PM »

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh-klahoma,
where the blood comes gushin' down the street!
It's as violent there,
As everywhere,
Where the Constitution is allowed to reign...

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2019, 10:40:19 PM »

What do you mean? You're in Texas, right?