Author Topic: Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime  (Read 484 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime
« on: November 09, 2019, 11:01:22 AM »
Semi-spoilers ahead.

I mentioned this in another thread, but man, I am disappoint. I really liked season 1. It had some PC stuff, but nothing I couldn't ignore. Season 2? Jack Ryan is some kind of cross between a young John Clark and Jason Bourne. He suddenly has SOCOM super powers. I could actually ignore some of that just for the action scenes. Though how does a US helo land on the roof of a Venezuelan palace without taking fire, and drop off a half dozen guys to basically wipe out every soldier in the palace? I could still ignore this. But....

Jimeny H cricket, the SJW PC stuff again! The Venezuelan President is a right wing dictator, and his opponent in an "election" is an AOC/Elizabeth Warren love child who will bring social justice and commie love to Venezuela to rebuild it after that evil capitalist guy ruined everything. In season 1, they tried to do a bit of empathy stuff with the Muslim bad guy, but it at least fit with the script. Here, they completely flip a real world scenario, to as one reviewer stated, "try to one up the horrible, horrible millennials at Netflix who revolve all their shows around SJW propoganda."

These people have never read a Tom Clancy novel. I haven't read them all, but Clancy's protagonists were all pretty pro US in all of them I have read, and pretty anti commie/SJWs in Rainbow Six. Clancy must be spinning in his grave with this PC bullshit. Michael Bay is supposedly involved, but he must have no say in anything. Oh yeah, the butler right wing Senator did it.

Netflix and now Amazon are ruining TV and I hate everything!

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."