Author Topic: Something this tame can get you fired in Canada now.  (Read 935 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Something this tame can get you fired in Canada now.
« on: November 11, 2019, 08:49:16 PM »
“You people love — you, that come here, whatever it is — you love our way of life, you love our milk and honey,” Cherry said. “At least you could pay a couple of bucks for poppies or something like that. These guys paid for your way of life, that you enjoy in Canada.”

He's right! And he didn't say anything racist or phobic. He just pointed out a truth and the ultra-sensitive always looking for a reason to be outraged types did their thing.

If you go to another country to live it's because you prefer* that country's way of life over the one you left, so act like it!

*with the possible exception of being transferred by your company, of course.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Something this tame can get you fired in Canada now.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 09:22:43 PM »
Of course, more diversity and inclusion. Wonderful how it is not diverse or inclusive for a lot of folks.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

castle key

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 05:18:40 AM »
But a long history of blackface will get you elected PM in Canada.... if you're a liberal.
Vigilate hoc, tenendum per ebrietatem.

griz

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 07:05:23 AM »
I like his response:
“I know what I said and I meant it,"
We need more of that straightforwardness instead of the whimpering apologies we usually hear.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 07:35:13 AM »
"We need more of that straightforwardness instead of the whimpering apologies we usually hear."

You mean the whimpering apology from his co-host, who is being excoriated for not immediately jumping up and taking Cherry to task?

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.