Author Topic: National Park Service Rangers to Patrol Border  (Read 1466 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
National Park Service Rangers to Patrol Border
« on: November 24, 2019, 08:59:06 AM »
Sorry, no link - just now heard it on the teevee. Apparently NPS rangers are being detailed to the Southern border for patrol purposes.

I find myself waiting for the fallout from NPS and others. At the old job some of the multi-agency LE stuff included NPS, and I used to dive with NPS rangers a lot when we used to have to do our annual "get your hours in to keep your dive pay" dives. While these were mostly CA based rangers, I don't think I ever met one that was anywhere to the right of "mid-far left". I'm really interested to see when the pushback starts.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
Re: National Park Service Rangers to Patrol Border
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 06:39:26 PM »
I'm really interested to see when the pushback starts.

If that was me (opposed to border control, but paid to do border patrol) I'm not sure I would push back, just go out there and read a book or take a nap.
Maybe even take some overtime naps.  :angel:
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 09:59:56 PM »
If that was me (opposed to border control, but paid to do border patrol) I'm not sure I would push back, just go out there and read a book or take a nap.
Maybe even take some overtime naps.  :angel:
Since they likely have GPS and other methods to track, maybe just do a scenic drive and see nothing.  Then again, it isn't just innocent migrants illegally crossing the border.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 01:03:59 AM »
Those methods will work until they meet a border crosser that isn't read in on the peaceful protest plan.  Many leftist ideas have a hard time in close proximity to reality.  Especially when that reality requires body armor.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 07:54:58 AM »
Maybe even take some overtime naps.  :angel:

You ride for the brand.

If you are asked to do something you don't want to do then the honorable thing to do is go ride for somebody else.

You don't collect pay when you aren't doing your job, that's called theft.

What you describe is probably what would happen though. The NPS is filled with leftists.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 08:31:15 AM »
You ride for the brand.

If you are asked to do something you don't want to do then the honorable thing to do is go ride for somebody else.

You don't collect pay when you aren't doing your job, that's called theft.

Yes, but all of that requires personal responsibility, backbones, and putting your money where you mouth is.  Those traits are sorely lacking in today's adults.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2019, 03:50:35 AM »
If the article I read was correct and who knows these days. They were only detailing NPS staff who were also law enforcement to patrol some of the National Parks that are on or near the border. Which sounds like to some extent is already part of their duties. Not having them do patrolling in other areas.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2019, 08:27:40 AM »
If the article I read was correct and who knows these days. They were only detailing NPS staff who were also law enforcement to patrol some of the National Parks that are on or near the border. Which sounds like to some extent is already part of their duties. Not having them do patrolling in other areas.

Ah, okay. There will probably still be pushback, but it will be a harder sell if they're just getting detailed to another park.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2019, 08:27:47 AM »

You mean asking them to do their jobs? THE HORROR!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2019, 08:57:49 AM »
Herr is an example. USA Today of course tries really hard to say they are working the border and it’s a crisis for them, but if you actually read the whole article it’s clear it’s a small number of Park Rangers temporarily working at parks on or near the border instead of their normal park. Hardly a big deal, except Orange Man Bad syndrome.

I’m sure some of them would prefer not to travel, but we all have to do things we don’t like for work sometimes. Heck I have to go to CA about once a year. I frickin hate it, but you know I like a paycheck. And I don’t get to take a firearm with me, at least not without a great deal of hassle.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/4166432002

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2019, 09:02:51 AM »
From the USA story:

But critics say the president is improperly using park officials to staff up his border plan at a time when the nation's national parks are desperately understaffed and overcrowded. They also note that the park rangers, who are accustomed to ticketing speeding drivers or extracting injured hikers from remote canyons, have little to no training in border security tactics.

I guess they've never been to Yosemite (among other parks) where rangers wear battle rattle and carry ARs.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2019, 01:40:33 AM »
I’m sure some of them would prefer not to travel, but we all have to do things we don’t like for work sometimes. Heck I have to go to CA about once a year. I frickin hate it, but you know I like a paycheck. And I don’t get to take a firearm with me, at least not without a great deal of hassle.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/4166432002

oh the horror. forced to travel while working for the government. my heart aches for the poor rangers sent all the way to [checks map] carlsbad caverns nation park.  one can only imagine the trauma they face.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2019, 09:10:18 AM »
mother *expletive deleted*ers can always quit if they don’t want to do their jobs

The NPS opened up a whole *expletive deleted*ing 10 lb can of worms when they decided to be openly political with Trump’s election and started with the AltNPS and “Resist” crap. I wish Trump could have fired the whole lot of them that were involved in that *expletive deleted*it and barred them from federal employment ever again.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2019, 12:16:55 PM »
mother *expletive deleted*ers can always quit if they don’t want to do their jobs

The NPS opened up a whole *expletive deleted*ing 10 lb can of worms when they decided to be openly political with Trump’s election and started with the AltNPS and “Resist” crap. I wish Trump could have fired the whole lot of them that were involved in that *expletive deleted*it and barred them from federal employment ever again.

What he said 😎
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.