Author Topic: Dear Susan -- I'm going to miss her  (Read 718 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Dear Susan -- I'm going to miss her
« on: December 11, 2019, 12:32:23 AM »
It seems my dear old friend (whom I don't remember meeting) has passed away. I received the following e-mail from Dr. Roland:

I am Dr. Roland, a private physician to late Mrs Susan Beat who died on the 2nd day of June 2019 out of Cancer. Mrs. Susan told me to contact you about a certain amount of funds she deposited with STANDARD FINANCIAL TRUST BANK in amount of (15.500 Million USD) which you happen to have been made the Beneficiary to the said funds.. She had a few things to tell me in assisting her carry out before she died and this was really important to her. She also explained that she has been in contact with you earlier regarding this donation funds and what it should be used for. From my understanding she contacted you months back with the details and instructed you that these funds should be used to open a charity foundation in her name and that of her late husband but didn't get to hear from you before she died. So i have been asked to notify you on these funds which she already made you the legal beneficiary to be claimed as soon as possible by you from SFTB. Looking forward to hear from you for the details. Regards Dr.Roland dar984102@gmail.com

Should I respond?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
Re: Dear Susan -- I'm going to miss her
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 06:29:06 AM »
Yes. With an infected pdf of your contact info and what she told you.

griz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 07:57:52 AM »
....blaa blaaa blaaa...
Should I respond?

Of course, he's a doctor.  They're all trustworthy.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 08:47:38 AM »
Of course, he's a doctor.  They're all trustworthy.

I'm not a doctor but I saw an actor play one on TV once while I was staying at a Holiday Inn Express.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

griz

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2019, 12:36:15 PM »
Close enough, where do I send my money so I can get the Bazillion dollars?
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2019, 10:51:15 AM »
My dear Dr. Roland,

I wondered what happened to Suzie since I have been on a world tour with my rock band and beem pretty much out of touch.  I am sorry to hear the news.

Please convey my sympathy to her daughter Irma when you get a chance.

In a private telephone conversation prior to my leaving she told me what she wanted me to do with the bequest on her passing, and I will certainly fulfill her wishes on receipt of the money.

I hereby authorize you to take whatever funds are necessary up to US$1,000,000 (one million U.S. dollars) to effect the transfer out of the bequest's proceeds in advance.  Please contact me indicating approval of this requirement, including your fees, and we can proceed.

Let me know where she is interred since I would like to pay my respects at her gravesite on the band's next summer tour.

Yours sincerely,

Pappy Yokum

It's interesting that the phrase "died out of cancer" was used instead of "died from cancer"  It would appear that the e-scammer's grammar software tripped up on that one.  "Out of" does not equal "from" in that context.

But despite a couple of other minor things, I notice their English is getting better.  I guess someone took advantage of my suggestion that they hire a real, practiced, native English speaker to go over their stuff.

Shibboleth... I'm reminded how folks who come out from back east always pronounced our little town of Louisville as "Loo ee vill" when the proper local pronunciation is "Loo iss vill".

Terry, 230RN

REF:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shibboleth
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 11:22:55 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.