Author Topic: Outer Worlds?  (Read 537 times)

brimic

• friends
Outer Worlds?
« on: December 26, 2019, 08:27:09 AM »
I purchased this game yesterday based on a recommendation, and played it for 6 hrs last night.
So far it’s a really interesting game, it has a lot of the game mechanics of Fallout but appears to be set in something very close to a ‘Firefly’ universe.

6 hours into the game, been about 50% dialog (seems pretty heavy at the beginning to set the tone of the story), 40% looting and exploration, and about 10% combat.

The amount of dialog choices and speech checks are staggering. As I was saying above there are a lot of elements, backstories, and characters that would be immediately familiar to people who are Firefly fans.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

dogmush

• friend
Re: Outer Worlds?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 08:34:14 AM »
I bought it on a black Friday sale, but haven't had a chance to start it, because I'm still slogging my way through Metro: Exodus.  But glad to hear it sounds like my kind of game.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 08:51:54 AM »
I bought this one to hold me over until cyberpunk 2077 comes out, and I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2019, 08:58:38 AM »
So I'm not a gamer, but have been playing Left4Dead (for PC) for the last ten years.  :laugh:

This sounds interesting. Question from a non-gamer: I absolutely suck at using a keyboard and mouse for any kind of shooting and stuff. I recall I downloaded a couple of games in the last ten years that I quit because they wouldn't let me use a gamepad on my computer. Does this one let you use a gamepad, at least for any "action" stuff?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2019, 10:05:13 AM »
So I'm not a gamer, but have been playing Left4Dead (for PC) for the last ten years.  :laugh:

This sounds interesting. Question from a non-gamer: I absolutely suck at using a keyboard and mouse for any kind of shooting and stuff. I recall I downloaded a couple of games in the last ten years that I quit because they wouldn't let me use a gamepad on my computer. Does this one let you use a gamepad, at least for any "action" stuff?

I haven't played a game on a PC in years, and quite honestly, I really miss the controls and thought about trying to figure out a way to go the other way- keyboard+mouse for console gaming- control pads are difficult for me to use precisely, and I've pretty much given up on multiplayer FPSs.  I'm a little weird about using the keyboards- I always remapped the keys to use the arrow key for direction, the number pad for numbered slots, and insert/delete/page down/page up/enter/shift/./, for other controls.

Barack Obama