Author Topic: Relying on the government to protect you  (Read 1002 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Relying on the government to protect you
« on: February 09, 2020, 01:25:39 PM »
https://www.thehour.com/news/article/Amid-gang-peril-a-Mexican-village-arms-its-15041386.php

But over the past year, the local autodefensa, known as the CRAC-PF, has been overwhelmed. Twenty-six people have been killed since the start of 2019 in the force's territory, which includes Ayahualtempa and 15 other towns. Last month, 10 musicians from those towns traveling to a concert were shot and burned beyond recognition. One of them was 15 years old.

Alex's middle school was in what was considered to be enemy territory. He stopped attending.

Bernardino Sánchez Luna, the 48-year-old founder of CRAC-PF, said its leaders spoke among themselves and decided to allow the boys into the force. In recent months, the group of armed children grew more formal. Now there are 17 boys in matching T-shirts. Those under 12 get handmade toy guns. Those over 12 get working rifles.

"If the government can't protect them, they need to be trained to defend themselves," Sánchez Luna said.

I would modify the last sentence:  The government cannot protect you, so you must train to defend yourself.

(especially when criminal elements have infiltrated and corrupted the government)

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Relying on the government to protect you
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 02:23:43 PM »
https://www.thehour.com/news/article/Amid-gang-peril-a-Mexican-village-arms-its-15041386.php

I would modify the last sentence:  The government cannot protect you, so you must train to defend yourself.

(especially when criminal elements have infiltrated and corrupted the government)

I would modify your modification to say:  The government can't, won't, and has no duty to protect you, so you must prepare yourself.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 05:43:29 PM »
I've always liked 'When seconds count, the police are minutes away.'
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 05:50:31 PM »

Or are in relatively menial record-keeping jobs.  That's a bit of a shivermaker when you think about it.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2020, 07:50:38 PM »
Or are in relatively menial record-keeping jobs.  That's a bit of a shivermaker when you think about it.

Which reminds me  ...

A few years ago, an employee of California's DOJ was arrested.  It turns out that she had access to firearm registration info (names, addresses, make & model of firearm, etc.) and was passing that info along to her boyfriend, who burglarized the homes and stole the guns, among other things.

Of course, we have nothing to fear from mandatory registration.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden