Author Topic: The Obamas and the Oscars  (Read 1115 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
The Obamas and the Oscars
« on: February 10, 2020, 08:01:53 AM »
Once again, not something I watch, but reading this morning, it looks like the Oscars went full tilt political again, of course in only one direction. Hey Brad Pitt - does your witty dig about "no witnesses" apply to the House as well? I thought not.

Of note, the Obamas have only recently started their own production company and an Oscar was already won (kinda like a Nobel prize). The Director of their film went full on Communist Manifesto in her acceptance speech. Just in case anyone was wondering if the Obamas actually were some kind of "middle ground" progressives. They may only appear middle ground because of how far, far left the current bigmouths in their party have gone.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/karl-marx-gets-shoutout-during-barack-obama-produced-films-2020-oscars-speech

On the tangent, I saw that (I don't know if many or all of) the Oscar attendees got $150K SWAG bags. You'd think a Marx loving commie would insist that the SWAG be converted to cash and used to feed the homeless, but I'm betting most of them will be out on that private megayacht cruise that was included.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: The Obamas and the Oscars
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 08:09:22 AM »
This man is owed an apology

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 01:11:59 PM »
Ben said,

They may only appear middle ground because of how far, far left the current bigmouths in their party have gone.

Oh, as if I haven't offered that idea as an explanation for their craziness several times in the past. Right here on APS.

This man is owed an apology.

Oh, as if I haven't offered that idea (timidly) several times in the past.  Right here on APS.

"You people have to learn to listen to me." --Sheldon Cooper (paraquote)

=D

Terry, 230RN

REFs (partial, not the earliest):
http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=61789.msg1240731#msg1240731

http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=61407.msg1233948;topicseen#msg1233948

(Edited to add links.)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 02:03:56 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 08:15:21 AM »
Oscars tangent:

Jane Seymour Fonda

@Janefonda

At Oscars wearing Pomellato jewelry because it only uses responsible, ethically harvested gold and sustainable diamonds. #Oscars

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 12:26:02 PM »
Hm.  Renewable glitz.  Why hasn't Bloomberg brought that up as a campaign issue?
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 04:03:59 PM »
Hm.  Renewable glitz. 

And you only have to wait around 3 billion years to reharvest.  :lol:

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 05:08:08 PM »
I was only half watching Louder With Crowder's Oscars livestream, but I thought they were complaining that the Oscars were not very political until the last few awards.  They were doing a drinking game and didn't drink as much until late where they were practically chugging beers due to all the political buzzwords.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 06:34:09 PM »
And you only have to wait around 3 billion years to reharvest.  :lol:

B-b-but we only have twelve years left!
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden