Author Topic: US says China's military was behind 2017 Equifax hack  (Read 697 times)

MechAg94

• friend
US says China's military was behind 2017 Equifax hack
« on: February 10, 2020, 02:23:41 PM »
US says China's military was behind 2017 Equifax hack that left personal information of 145 million Americans exposed
https://www.businessinsider.com/doj-china-pla-military-hackers-indicted-equifax-2017-breach-2020-2

A DOJ announcement on Monday said the four Chinese officers were accused of compromising Equifax's servers by exploiting an Apache vulnerability, obtaining the names, birthdates, and Social Security numbers of nearly 145 million Americans β€” about half of all Americans.

The nine-count indictment, handed down by a federal grand jury in Atlanta, implied that there may have been more co-conspirators within China's People's Liberation Army. The four defendants named were charged with conspiracy to commit computer fraud, economic espionage, and wire fraud.

I thought this was interesting.  Not sure it connects to all the other stuff going on in China other than as an example of what Communist leaders do.
β€œIt is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: US says China's military was behind 2017 Equifax hack
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 03:17:56 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: US says China's military was behind 2017 Equifax hack
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 04:17:04 PM »
Equifax + OPM + SF86 paperwork is a good start to look for bribeable/blackmailable people.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."