Author Topic: 2A sanctuary times ten? first I've heard of it ( mild bad language )  (Read 800 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: 2A sanctuary times ten? first I've heard of it ( mild bad language )
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 02:32:14 AM »
Shakespeare had it right:

"Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

These so-called Second Amendment sanctuaries aren't sanctuaries at all. Federal laws supersede state laws. If the feds decide to enforce federal laws in any so-called "sanctuary" states, whose going to stop them? The state police?

It's nothing but grandstanding and bloviating.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 04:05:33 AM »
Enforce federal laws with whom?

Federal law enforcement generally relies on local resources if not officers as well for back up and logistics. That's why the immigration sanctuaries are effective. INS needs the locals to help catch, transport,  and hold illegals.

FBI/ATF trying to enforce all gun laws on their own with no local help? I like those odds.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 07:49:39 AM »
The Feds, however, do not enforce state passed laws. That's what's driven much of the sanctuary process in Virginia -- a refusal to enforce unconstitutional state laws.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 11:18:50 AM »
While I think Hawkmoon probably has it right,  I like the second amendment sanctuary movement regardless because it shows political resistance to a movement that,  while perhaps legally impotent, or questionable,  shows wannabe tyrants like Gov. "Blackface" Northam  that the people are not just going to roll over.

And if Hawkmoon were to suggest that the pro-2A movement cobble up something with actual, real, legal teeth,  I'd agree!
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero