Author Topic: Amazon Prime Strangeness  (Read 9889 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Amazon Prime Strangeness
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2024, 08:49:04 AM »
Still just says

Moving Through Network
In Transit to Next Facility, Arriving Late

But the date changes. Like they don't want me to know where it is in the network.

They still just keep changing the date

Moving Through Network
In Transit to Next Facility, Arriving Late
May 12, 2024
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2024, 09:20:04 AM »
*Checks current price of my Amazon stock*

I am going to go out on a limb and opine that Amazon seems to be halfway decent at Logistics, and if something doesn't make sense to you either a. You don't have all the information, or b. it is inefficient on the micro scale, but is in service to processes that increase efficiency at the macro level.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2024, 10:03:01 AM »
It's in Louisville again after being here a week ago

Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
LOUISVILLE KY DISTRIBUTION CENTER
May 15, 2024, 3:24 am
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2024, 12:49:03 PM »
Finally in hand and in one piece too.
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2024, 01:17:36 PM »
So, 11 days?

Yeah, that's fine. No, you can't get a refund on your second day delivery. Yes, we charge you more for second day delivery, but that's not a guarantee, that's money supports another penis-shaped space ship for Jeff Bezos.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2024, 01:23:54 PM »
So, 11 days?

Yeah, that's fine. No, you can't get a refund on your second day delivery. Yes, we charge you more for second day delivery, but that's not a guarantee, that's money supports another penis-shaped space ship for Jeff Bezos.

It's all on USPS IMHO
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2024, 09:27:54 AM »
So a couple of years ago, all the Amazon vans that came to my area disappeared and I went from next day to 2-day delivery that generally ran 2-4 days via USPS or UPS. Suddenly, starting last week, the vans are back as well as next day and Sunday delivery on most items.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2024, 10:58:38 AM »
So a couple of years ago, all the Amazon vans that came to my area disappeared and I went from next day to 2-day delivery that generally ran 2-4 days via USPS or UPS. Suddenly, starting last week, the vans are back as well as next day and Sunday delivery on most items.

New delivery contractors, maybe? Or possibly moved away from a contractor back to in-house delivery service?

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2024, 11:16:07 AM »
New delivery contractors, maybe? Or possibly moved away from a contractor back to in-house delivery service?

Brad

They're Amazon vans and uniforms, so it looks like back to in-house, as it was previously. IIRC, I don't think I have ever gotten a contractor delivery here. They were quite common back in CA.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2024, 11:38:24 AM »
I still see contractors every once in a long while, but the vast majority of my deliveries are Amazon vans and uniforms.

We had lots of contractors when we lived in a subdivision.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2024, 02:49:04 PM »
We are out in the sticks it seems. My Amazon stuff comes via the post office or common carrier. Nearly all of it is Post Office now. I can tack most things to Las Vegas via Amazon and then it gets handed off to the Post Office for delivery out here. The Post Office even runs around on Sunday here to deliver Amazon stuff.

bob

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2024, 08:36:37 PM »
How I fixed it...

I went from...

Myname
O'Reilly Auto Parts
 Store address

to

O'Reilly Auto Parts
My name
Store address

The idjits weren't looking for the BFSIGN that is in front of the store, but were instead freaking out over the whole strip mall having the same four digit addy... And the GPS sent them to the other end.
Blog under construction