Author Topic: Zed Patient Zero  (Read 1364 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Zed Patient Zero
« on: March 28, 2020, 10:35:58 PM »
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/man-coronavirus-quarantine-runs-street-21773158

Practice those headshots.  Keep your Python at the ready.  Make sure Lucille is handy.

And always.... Cardio.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Zed Patient Zero
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 10:43:09 PM »
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/man-coronavirus-quarantine-runs-street-21773158

Practice those headshots.  Keep your Python at the ready.  Make sure Lucille is handy.

And always.... Cardio.

"The attacker was eventually caught by the enraged mob who handed him over to police."

I don't believe that.  An enraged mob would have stomped him to death.  So IMHO the whole story is suspect.
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 11:43:34 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 12:43:28 AM »

Aaaahhhh!

The original, 4-power, carry handle-mounted M16 scope. I approve.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2020, 02:18:57 AM »
"The attacker was eventually caught by the enraged mob who handed him over to police."

I don't believe that.  An enraged mob would have stomped him to death. 

Well, yeah, in the old days. Standards have really gone downhill.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2020, 04:17:49 PM »
Where are the zombies?  I was promised there would be zombies!  This whole tikiwiki thing has been a bust so far.  =(
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2020, 04:28:53 PM »
Aaaahhhh!

The original, 4-power, carry handle-mounted M16 scope. I approve.
You know Brownells sells a replica of that scope, right?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2020, 04:32:22 PM »

I don't believe that.  An enraged mob would have stomped him to death.  So IMHO the whole story is suspect.
Looking at the main page headlines, I would say there are many reasons to suspect the story. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2020, 04:32:58 PM »
Mention of the "carry handle" on the AR-styles usually results in vociferous denials that it was ever a carry handle.

I agree that it is strange that the "mob" didn't kill the guy.  Only thing I can think of was that the reporter exaggerated the three people involved into a "mob."

Or... fistful was right.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2020, 10:02:30 PM »
One of my employees that was exposed to the Kung Flu called off rather than showing up to tell me in person,  So I guess there's that.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2020, 08:20:27 AM »
Mention of the "carry handle" on the AR-styles usually results in vociferous denials that it was ever a carry handle.

I agree that it is strange that the "mob" didn't kill the guy.  Only thing I can think of was that the reporter exaggerated the three people involved into a "mob."

Or... fistful was right.

One of the most infuriating things about the design.  It is a carry handle, but carrying it by the handle in the Marines resulted in a lot of *expletive deleted*ing pushups.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2020, 09:38:25 AM »
One of the most infuriating things about the design.  It is a carry handle, but carrying it by the handle in the Marines resulted in a lot of *expletive deleted*ing pushups.

So I am told.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 10:16:40 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2020, 09:40:28 AM »
In garrison, etc, it encouraged improper handling of the rifle. I'm sure that's why they were so hellbent on it not being a carry handle.
But if you've gotta spend hours hiking through jungles, etc, it makes sense.  If you're in fear of close contact, you'll have it at low ready anyways.

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2020, 09:42:47 AM »
One of my employees that was exposed to the Kung Flu called off rather than showing up to tell me in person,  So I guess there's that.
Were they bitten?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2020, 09:43:56 AM »
Was originally designed the was it was to protect the charging handle, raise the sights over it, and give proper sight height due to the high comb on the AR-10 and the first AR-15s before the CH was moved to it's current location.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2020, 10:30:13 AM »
Were they bitten?

Biting is so 20th century, 21st century zombies cough and sneeze on you.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2020, 01:49:03 PM »
Interesting. The official nomenclature for it is a carry handle, but obviously on versions after the charging handle was moved.
JD