Author Topic: What's this car?  (Read 1911 times)

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Re: What's this car?
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2007, 11:40:31 AM »
Everybody "needs" something.  Hey, it's your washcloth and soap, you can wash as hard and fast as you "need", nobody's gonna stop you.

But let's not cast aspersion at the more frugal members of society, alright?  We're doing it for the kids.

I'm driving a 2.2L S-10 on ethanol, saving lots of gasoline so soccer mommies can haul their precious cargoes to and from Chuck E. Cheese in those 5.7L Suburbans and (now discontinued, hint, hint) big honkin' Excursions.

My previous S-10 was a blown 580cid big block, running in the 8s on the 1/4 mile strip.  I outgrew that fairly soon, with a little help from a nasty divorce. 

In the meantime, I enjoy the fuel economy of my current vehicle, and I also enjoy giving the oil exporters in Jihadistan the Hawaiian good luck sign.   

"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2007, 12:47:17 PM »

I'm driving a 2.2L S-10 on ethanol,

Well, I often drive my Crown Victoria to to places where I consume ethanol.  Does that count?

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2007, 02:59:52 PM »
Well, I often drive my Crown Victoria to to places where I consume ethanol.  Does that count?

I suppose.

My alcoholic older stepson sighs heavily when I fill up the truck.  He can smell the ethanol when I fill it, and when I start the engine, and laments that it's a waste of perfect booze, on a huge scale.  I wonder if I'm enabling him in that respect?
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"