Author Topic: Stihl 2 in 1 Chainsaw Sharpener  (Read 964 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Stihl 2 in 1 Chainsaw Sharpener
« on: April 18, 2020, 04:35:30 PM »
Shout out to Stihl for their 2 in 1 chainsaw sharpener. I bought one a couple of months ago, but only got around to using it today. WAY faster and easier than two separate files, and it has well thought out angle guides. Super heavy duty build. An idiot can do a professional sharpening job, as I demonstrated today.  :laugh:

Well worth the 50 ducats.

https://www.stihlusa.com/products/chain-saws/filing-tools/2in1file/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Kingcreek

• friend
Re: Stihl 2 in 1 Chainsaw Sharpener
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 04:39:50 PM »
In have one. I paid $29 for it at the stihl dealer. Very happy with it. I always thought I was ok with a file but it is better.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 04:50:20 PM »
In have one. I paid $29 for it at the stihl dealer. Very happy with it. I always thought I was ok with a file but it is better.

I should have doublechecked the price. I forgot exactly what I paid so just did a google search and 50 bucks showed up. Going to my Stihl dealer's website, I apparently paid $40. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2020, 05:45:56 PM »
I’ve had mine for awhile, maybe a couple years. For some strange reason I remember what I pay for things.
The first new car I bought? 1975 camaro LT ( I wanted a z28 but they discontinued them in 74, I was able to order it with the turbo 400 tran and the 350 ci 4 bbl with LT cam and posi rear diff) $5128.79 out the door.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2020, 05:46:51 PM »
Does that qualify for thread drift?
It’s what we do best.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2020, 08:33:33 PM »
Does that qualify for thread drift?
It’s what we do best.

Yeah Rainman,  you nailed it ;)
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.