Author Topic: "Good Samaritan (?)" shot in Tempe AZ  (Read 969 times)

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
"Good Samaritan (?)" shot in Tempe AZ
« on: May 10, 2020, 01:20:07 AM »
I don't think he should be labeled a Good Samaritan at all.  Sounds more like he was a wanna be and carrying a gun to make people respect his self assumed authority.  Of course he's dead, but certainly not very wise actions. 

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-southeast-valley/tempe/pd-man-shot-after-he-stopped-to-help-car-crash-victims-in-tempe

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: "Good Samaritan (?)" shot in Tempe AZ
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 02:43:51 AM »

Police say Delegge's handgun was in his waistband when he was shot and killed.

indicating a lack of serious training, he was unprepared to help but God bless him for wanting to.

the story sounds like a bunch of hoodlums joy riding in a stolen car
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 08:28:42 AM »
I'm not sure where I stand on it with just the info in the link. Stopping to help is definitely "Good Samaritan". The rest would depend on what really caused further interaction with what appears to be hoodlums in the other car.

I would, again with the little info provided, tend to agree with gunsmith regarding a lack of training for this situation once his gun came out, and then apparently back in the holster while multiple threats were still active.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 11:27:14 AM »
Another example of why you shouldn't bring a gun to a cell phone fight. Once he had located the "perps," he could/should have just called the police and reported where they were.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2020, 11:33:34 AM »
Shades of the jogger case that went the other way.
I said shades.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2020, 01:46:25 PM »
Another example of why you shouldn't bring a gun to a cell phone fight. Once he had located the "perps," he could/should have just called the police and reported where they were.
bingo, i bet he was taking a picture or something.
the last time I cleared leather , when I was a cab driver, I asked a witness to call the police...in fact I asked all the witnesses really LOUDLY
and it got on the 911 call and made a huge difference in the decisions the cops made
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2020, 11:12:30 AM »
RIP.   :mad: