Author Topic: ATF phone message  (Read 1243 times)

Nick1911

• Administrator
ATF phone message
« on: May 30, 2020, 05:02:15 PM »
I received an unusual call from (presumably) the ATF this afternoon.

The call said:

This is an important message from the bureau of alcohol, tobacco, firearms and explosives.  Possible civil unrest in our area may result in looting of businesses.  The ATF reminds you to remain vigilant and to take appropriate steps to secure both your firearms inventory and required records.  Please report all suspicious persons or activity to your local police department.  Additionally notify ATF if you find any of your firearms missing, lost or stolen or if you are an attempted victim of your business.  Thank you, goodbye

Anyone else get this call?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: ATF phone message
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 05:15:01 PM »
Do you have an FFL?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 05:16:13 PM »

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 05:26:55 PM »
I have not, but I haven't heard anything about protests violence in my area.  Wonder how regional it is.

ETA:  There are some protests, no reported violence.  Changed wording for clarity.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 07:25:29 AM »
I was proactive and didn't wait for ATF's call...

I moved my AR-15 and 10 30-round magazines up to my bedroom.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 09:52:46 AM »
We had some minor civil unrest in my neighborhood last night. I shot a raccoon that was looting the bird feeder as it was getting dark but things were quiet after that.
Does the ATF require disaster plan for record keeping?
What we have here is failure to communicate.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2020, 10:31:25 AM »
We had some minor civil unrest in my neighborhood last night. I shot a raccoon that was looting the bird feeder as it was getting dark but things were quiet after that.
Does the ATF require disaster plan for record keeping?
Is this one of those dog whistles?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2020, 11:31:19 AM »
Is this one of those dog whistles?

I just saw that because of all Trump's white supremacists infiltrating the riots, that it has now been upgraded to "wolf whistle". A term that must have been coined by a twenty-something commie journalist  who is not aware of the actual meaning.

https://youtu.be/lVN1Apz45AE
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2020, 11:54:34 AM »
I'm not sure what they meant by "ethical,' either, but too many words have had their meanings twisted lately.

And it's sort of like obligatory to add some adjective (like "alleged") to everything.

That's kind of a curious call.  I wouldn't think any federal agency would shotgun out phone messages to its partners.  E-mail, maybe.  Was there a return number you could capture?  Seems like the most immediate and logical thing to do, although a lot of those robocalls use fake or unreachable numbers.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 12:11:03 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2020, 12:03:58 PM »
Ethical ?

I believe that's the brand name of the manufacturer, not an adjective describing the whistle.

https://www.chewy.com/brands/ethical-pet-6732

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2020, 02:07:27 PM »
He was wearing a mask. And I think I heard some Antifa slogans.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2020, 11:21:41 AM »
I hold an 07 FFL but have not received any such warning. That said, out where I'm located, it would have to be all out war before anything reached out here. (KNOCK ON WOOD!)

There was some 'unrest' in downtown Oklahoma City last night, but I wouldn't call it 'local' to my neighborhood. I'm about 40 miles out.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2020, 11:35:41 AM »
Got a little sporty in downtown Tulsa last night. I live far enough out that the risk to the home front isn't a concern but I work downtown Tulsa. I can see the staging area for the protests from the building I work in.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2020, 11:50:11 AM »
Although we had a protest downtown, I'm honestly not all that concerned at our house. There is pretty much nothing around to allow for congregation/looting/whathaveyou unless someone has animosity towards the nearby Catholic Church.

Additionally, in addition to our own preparations, I have a retired Marine on one side, retired Navy behind, a State Trooper beside him and a retired Pastor on the other side. Between them all, I'm fairly certain we have all the possible repercussions in our area taken care of.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2020, 11:57:24 AM »
I'm not anywhere near the city center where said protests have been taking place.

That said, it did apparently get sporty Saturday night, with 85 arrests, a torched police car, and two officers taken to the hospital.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2020, 11:58:33 AM »
AFAIK, we just had 100 or so hippies show up to the state capitol. All peaceful. Apparently there was a lone counter-protestor that got into an argument with a protestor and the cops separated them.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."