Author Topic: Outdoor propane burner  (Read 681 times)

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
Outdoor propane burner
« on: June 07, 2020, 07:33:09 PM »
Need a new burner for outside needs, especially brewing beer.  The one I have now is getting so rusty after 12 years or so I don't really trust it, plus with the drain valve the brew kettle doesn't really fit right on it.

Got my buddy a 200k BTU burner, but the diameter of the burner is too large for my kettle.  And it really is too much.  Hard to throttle it down low enough once boil is achieved

Not really liking too much the options on Amazon.  I want something like this in terms of sturdiness but with the smaller diameter 80-100k BTU burner.
Formerly sumpnz

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Outdoor propane burner
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 11:22:18 PM »
I'm not sure where I got mine.  I don't use it much, but I think it's about 65k BTU.  (I will be using it soon to brew some beer because it's too hot and humid to be boiling in the house)  I'll see if I can dig up more info on it.  I also use an electric heat stick so I don't burn so much propane.
"It's good, though..."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2020, 07:13:57 AM »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2020, 07:24:06 AM »
I use the Bayou Classic burner out of my turkey fryer kit to brew beer.  It's not the absolute best, but it's worked for years.  (I actually have two turkey fryers for .....reasons)

If you don't need the pot and everything that goes with it, they have a stainless steel 106,000 BTU stand alone that looks pretty nice.  It also doesn't have one of those annoying lips to get in the way of drain petcocks.

https://www.shopthebayou.com/collections/cookers/products/stainless-steel-single-jet-cooker-w-hose-guard