Author Topic: Today's lesson, kids ...  (Read 3176 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Today's lesson, kids ...
« on: June 19, 2020, 10:27:53 PM »
... if you want to torch police cars, cover your tats.

https://www.newser.com/story/292493/fbis-clues-to-alleged-arsonist-tattoo-and-an-etsy-review.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=uol&utm_campaign=rss_crime

Creative police work tracks down woman who [insert obligatory "allegedly"] torched two police cars at a "peaceful" protest. Her lawyer's statement?

Blumenthal's attorney, meanwhile, tells the Philadelphia Inquirer that the authorities' methods for tracking his client down is a chilling example of law enforcement diving too deep into citizens' privacy.

I'm confused. I thought we wanted the police to solve crimes. I guess that doesn't apply when the criminal is a card-carrying social justice warrior(ess).
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Today's lesson, kids ...
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 10:44:35 PM »
Arson is no small crime they can brush off either.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

griz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 11:16:32 PM »
Blumenthal's attorney, meanwhile, tells the Philadelphia Inquirer that the authorities' methods for tracking his client down is a chilling example of law enforcement diving too deep into citizens' privacy.

That sounds a lot like an admission of guilt to me.  It will be interesting to see if the defence asserts that her arm can't "testify" against her. 

On a side note about the reporting:

accused of torching two police cars after a peaceful George Floyd protest

Are they saying it was peaceful until the arson?
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 11:23:32 PM »
I learned this in kindergarten. Millennials, man....
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2020, 12:11:26 AM »

griz read my mind:

...accused of torching two police cars after a peaceful George Floyd protest...

Are they saying it was peaceful until the arson?

That "peaceful protest" bullcrap bothers me no end.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2020, 12:39:44 AM »
Notice the word "after".  It makes all the difference.
"It's good, though..."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2020, 05:04:32 AM »
Per Hawkmoon:

Yeah, so now some hotshot "community organizer" is probably planning on arranging massive demonstrations to protest that "law enforcement is diving too deep into citizens' privacy."

Yay.  More street extortion and blackmail. Yay. "Progress." Yay.  So our limpwristed mob-pandering re-election-seeking legislators will break their necks passing laws against the enforcement community using tattoos for ID.

This is not meant to be funny.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 05:51:10 AM by 230RN »

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2020, 05:50:47 AM »
Don't fret, SCOTUS has ruled many times that information plainly visible in public is fair game.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2020, 06:26:35 AM »
That don't matter nohow for the community organizers, who are very aware of the low legal sophistication of their mobs.

Whatever they can make a stink about... that's the name of the game. They also have bullhorns and confederates who can drop off loads of bricks and 2x4s at strategic locations.

Terry, 230RN

griz

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2020, 08:42:47 AM »
Notice the word "after".  It makes all the difference.

Just in case you're not entirely kidding, I would submit that the protest stopped being peaceful no later than when they turned the police car over, and probably before that.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2020, 10:02:19 AM »
"Blumenthal's attorney, meanwhile, tells the Philadelphia Inquirer that the authorities' methods for tracking his client down is a chilling example of law enforcement diving too deep into citizens' privacy."

That's one of the funniest things I've ever heard from an attorney.

No privacy issues at all.

Reminds me of one I saw years ago...

People called the police because a guy was in his back yard buck naked.

Police arrive, yep, buck naked. Arrest him on whatever charge.

Goes to court, his attorney tries to claim the neighbors and police violated his privacy by looking into his back yard.

Only problem was... he didn't have any kind of fence at all that would make his back yard private.

Convicted.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2020, 10:43:06 PM »
A woman's cleavage is private, too.  Don't look at it.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2020, 10:51:33 PM »
A woman's cleavage is private, too.  Don't look at it.

Even when a hot casing falls down it and she's jumping up and down all over the place?

Why I tell women it's not a good idea to wear low cut tops to the range.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2020, 11:40:40 PM »
I just find it funny that the police went all deep-dive CSI crime procedural TV show levels for their car.

Do they work that hard for property crime where an average citizen is the victim? Dunno...  [tinfoil]
I promise not to duck.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2020, 11:58:57 PM »
Even when a hot casing falls down it and she's jumping up and down all over the place?

My wife learned that lesson the hard way, even after I'd warned her. Of course, having suggested buttoning up the shirt made it my fault.   :rofl:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2020, 12:01:11 AM »
I just find it funny that the police went all deep-dive CSI crime procedural TV show levels for their car.

Do they work that hard for property crime where an average citizen is the victim? Dunno...  [tinfoil]

They do not.  They say "it's a civil matter" and won't even write a report.  (so that's what I told my insurance company when they asked for a police report)
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2020, 12:32:57 AM »
My wife learned that lesson the hard way, even after I'd warned her. Of course, having suggested buttoning up the shirt made it my fault.   :rofl:

When it comes to women every man is Trump
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2020, 07:14:08 AM »
Quote from: RoadKingLarry on June 20, 2020, 09:58:57 PM

"My wife learned that lesson the hard way, even after I'd warned her. Of course, having suggested buttoning up the shirt made it my fault."

The logic thinking response there is that "you invited the devil in" when you mentioned it.  There's no logical thoughtful response to that.

This would not usually be stated aloud, but that's why it was your fault.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 12:49:18 PM by 230RN »

HankB

• friend
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2020, 11:52:32 AM »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2020, 03:40:20 PM »

They often look deeper in cases of arson.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2020, 04:52:54 PM »

Surprisingly enough, has never happened to me.

I've had it down the back of my shirt and down the small of my back into my pants, but never the cleavage.

And I have some serious cleavage and have often worn shirts with low necklines while shooting.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2020, 05:02:48 PM »
Surprisingly enough, has never happened to me.

I've had it down the back of my shirt and down the small of my back into my pants, but never the cleavage.

And I have some serious cleavage and have often worn shirts with low necklines while shooting.

5 out of 6 people say Russian Roulette is perfectly safe
- Calvin and Hobbes

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2020, 08:45:26 PM »
My wife carried the imprint of a .380 shell on one of her inner side-boobs for over a year.

Not only did the shell find its way into her shirt, it somehow got stuck under her bra and it took a bit to get it out.

On a related note I was at the range next to a guy who was wearing flip-flops and he got a hot empty under his foot. That must have been fun for him.

And once I had a 9MM empty lodge itself in the part of my glasses where the ear-piece meets the lens. Fortunately I had hair there that shielded my skin but it could have been double-plus un-fun.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2020, 08:50:12 PM »
If I’m running my cast plinking loads in the 1911 I have to make sure to not have on a collared shirt. It’s no fun.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2020, 07:15:37 AM »
I had a 9mm casing bounce off the side wall of the booth I was in and lodge behind my glasses. Burned the living crap out of my eye lid.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.