Author Topic: The new "hate" "crimes"  (Read 756 times)

fifth_column

• friend
The new "hate" "crimes"
« on: July 09, 2020, 12:27:10 PM »
This could probably go in many other threads, but I thought I'd start a new one. 

https://thepostmillennial.com/watch-vancouver-police-to-investigate-tire-marks-on-lgbt-crosswalk-as-gesture-of-hate

Vancouver police investigate tire tracks left on a rainbow painting on the street as a potential hate crime.  I don't see how this could be considered a crime or an expression of hate.  I can see how it could be considered a thought crime ala Minority Report or 1984.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: The new "hate" "crimes"
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 01:27:29 PM »
So LBGTs need their own crossings now?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 05:24:00 PM »
So LBGTs need their own crossings now?

They need a safe space to sashay across the street, you bigot.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

griz

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 08:36:07 PM »
Can it be a hate crime if it's a black vehicle?

Seriously, I don't understand how people can paint things on the road that all taxpayers paid for, then complain when people drive on it.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2020, 08:50:36 PM »
That vehicle did nothing extraordinary when it pulled out (that's what she said).

Another article I read said the police had caught the driver, thanks to "citizen tips". Snitches get stitches, yo. Seriously 1984.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."