Author Topic: Biden picks Kamala Harris for VP.  (Read 9844 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Biden picks Kamala Harris for VP.
« Reply #100 on: August 12, 2020, 01:58:07 PM »
I've been able to tolerate only a few minutes of lying libtard talking heads fawning over Harris. It's worse than Obama and Hilary combined.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #101 on: August 12, 2020, 07:49:49 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 08:21:58 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #103 on: August 12, 2020, 08:34:23 PM »
https://kamalaharris.info/

Facebook is all over that one. It wont let me post the link, tells me it violates their community standards :mad:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #104 on: August 12, 2020, 09:35:34 PM »
Facebook is all over that one. It wont let me post the link, tells me it violates their community standards :mad:

How about this one:

https://www.facebook.com/KamalaHarris/posts/226174299267

https://mykamala.org/
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2020, 09:41:46 PM »
The Democrats have managed to put together an incredibly sleazy ticket and they even did it without a Clinton!
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2020, 09:44:38 PM »
The Democrats have managed to put together an incredibly sleazy ticket and they even did it without a Clinton!

So far. When is the ideal time for Joe to die or become clearly(more) incapacitated on the campaign trail? I think it is 72-96 hours before the election, enough time to get the sympathy riled up and to introduce the reluctant, somber, and patriotic replacement, but not enough time for that replacement to get attacked while we are all mourning.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2020, 09:47:55 PM »
double tap
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2020, 09:48:33 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2020, 10:00:02 PM »
So far. When is the ideal time for Joe to die or become clearly(more) incapacitated on the campaign trail? I think it is 72-96 hours before the election, enough time to get the sympathy riled up and to introduce the reluctant, somber, and patriotic replacement, but not enough time for that replacement to get attacked while we are all mourning.

That wouldn't be enough time to get qualified for the election.  Better to wait for "A Weekend at Biden's" event.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2020, 10:03:15 PM »
Let me be the first though I doubt I actually am

Joe Biden did not kill himself
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2020, 10:07:03 PM »
Not sure if it was here or somewhere else but I'm expecting an accidental slip of the mind giving up some dirt on the clintons that the media denies then he is gone.

So who is she picking for VP?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2020, 10:09:10 PM »
Or, Oh crap

They very publicly assassinate him hoping to give Harris sympathy votes all the while blaming, and having "proof" that appears out of thin air, that Trump ordered it.

[tinfoil] [tinfoil] [tinfoil] [tinfoil] [tinfoil]
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 10:49:18 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2020, 10:10:54 PM »
Not sure if it was here or somewhere else but I'm expecting an accidental slip of the mind giving up some dirt on the clintons that the media denies then he is gone.

So who is she picking for VP?

Michelle
- Calvin and Hobbes

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2020, 10:48:08 PM »

I figure animatronic/CGI/deepfake Joe lasts til just past inauguration, then strokes out.  That way there's no constitutional problem with succession.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2020, 02:08:40 AM »
I figure animatronic/CGI/deepfake Joe lasts til just past inauguration, then strokes out.  That way there's no constitutional problem with succession.

Pretty sure he only has to survive until after the electoral college vote.  After that, the VP-elect would assume office in January with no constitutional crisis.  None that I'm aware of, anyway.
"It's good, though..."

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #116 on: August 13, 2020, 09:44:37 AM »
Kamala will support any position her handlers tell her to support.

Pro police, law and order? OK

BLM and defund the police? OK

Both, neither and switch back and forth? OK

It's about power and control.

Leftists don't have convictions like we think of them, other than attain power at all costs.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2020, 10:20:12 AM »
Michelle

I don't think Michelle would settle for a VP slot. And if Biden were to drop out (or drop dead) before the election, I doubt Harris would want to run as VP candidate under Michelle. And neither of them would want to run as VP candidate with HRC as the candidate for P. They'll keep Biden on life support through the election. If he is elected, all bets are off following the inauguration.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #118 on: August 13, 2020, 10:36:24 AM »
Guess the media has dusted off the the word "HISTORIC!"
Everything Obama did was HISTORIC!. Obama's HISTORIC trip to Alaska, Obama's HISTORIC! speech to a kindergarten class, Oamam's HISTORIC! MEETING with the Az Gov, and so on and so on
They're now doing it with Harris. Count the number of times you see the word historic
 https://www.wdrb.com/news/national/biden-harris-lash-trump-at-debut-of-historic-vp-choice/article_b6fc5055-dc60-551e-88b4-b8e83b6cc608.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #119 on: August 13, 2020, 01:16:44 PM »
The unbiased media. The "paper of record" reports on Harris as VP pick now, and Pence as VP pick in 2016:

In the Times defense, there was no chance of Mike Pence actually becoming vice president.  :laugh:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #120 on: August 13, 2020, 04:07:58 PM »
I don't think Michelle would settle for a VP slot.  [popcorn]

The VP position is often the gateway to the big chair
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #121 on: August 13, 2020, 04:17:46 PM »
The VP position is often the gateway to the big chair

14 of 48 have made the big chair.  Not really often, but not unheard of.

Although for this conversation we should probably be talking more of the 8 that became Pres due to the Pres dying in office.  That's the more likely statistic.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #122 on: August 13, 2020, 04:31:55 PM »
14 of 48 have made the big chair.  Not really often, but not unheard of.

Although for this conversation we should probably be talking more of the 8 that became Pres due to the Pres dying in office.  That's the more likely statistic.

Yeah, I should of have said people think of it that way.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #123 on: August 13, 2020, 05:24:24 PM »
I don't think Michelle would settle for a VP slot. And if Biden were to drop out (or drop dead) before the election, I doubt Harris would want to run as VP candidate under Michelle. And neither of them would want to run as VP candidate with HRC as the candidate for P. They'll keep Biden on life support through the election. If he is elected, all bets are off following the inauguration.
I tend to agree.  I don't think Michelle really has that aspiration.

If Biden has a say in it, he would want to stay until after inauguration.  I would think it was less risky to talk him into resigning for his health shortly after actually becoming President. 

However, that is all fantasy as I think they will be watching Trump from home next year. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #124 on: August 13, 2020, 06:54:13 PM »
14 of 48 have made the big chair.  Not really often, but not unheard of.

Although for this conversation we should probably be talking more of the 8 that became Pres due to the Pres dying in office.  That's the more likely statistic.

Of course, Biden doesn't have to die, just resign. And if not, we'll have the dark comedy of Trump's opponent being the one who actually gets 25th amendmented.

Even if Biden serves a full term, if Harris is seen as being the hand rocking his hospital bed, she could run as a quasi-incumbent.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife