Author Topic: OK, Which of You is Selling APS Merch?  (Read 495 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
OK, Which of You is Selling APS Merch?
« on: January 13, 2021, 01:45:07 PM »
Driving home from errands this morning, I saw a guy in a sweatshirt with an EBR on the front, surrounded by "Armed Polite Society". So which of you is cashing in?  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
Re: OK, Which of You is Selling APS Merch?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 01:48:00 PM »
I think the member in question is BobbyH.  Goes by grok9mm on some other forums.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 01:54:40 PM »
I wonder if that's a trademark or copyright violation?  I doubt APS is a registered trademark, and it is derivative of a quote from Heinlein, but it might still be Oleg's intellectual property.  i would notify him if someone has his e-address.
"It's good, though..."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 05:03:56 AM »
REF:

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Robert A. Heinlein

APA Style Citation
Robert A. Heinlein Quotes. (n.d.). BrainyQuote.com. Retrieved January 14, 2021, from BrainyQuote.com Web site: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/robert_a_heinlein_100989

My non-legal opinion is you'd be hard pressed to make a strong intellectual property issue out of it.  But it might be good PR to press a friendly suit just to raise consciousness about the worth of the concept.

I'm not sure,, but I think it was Louis L'Amour who opined that life was less violent in the wild west when everyone was armed than in modern times.

Sam'l, 856DY
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 10:40:29 PM »
I've a couple THR T Shirts from way back, we should totally do an APS shirt drive.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2021, 10:52:54 PM »
If you set it up I'll let you use my address. I'm only a few miles from his birthplace. It might raise less flags.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG