Author Topic: UFOs in Idaho  (Read 704 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
UFOs in Idaho
« on: January 18, 2021, 08:59:21 AM »
Apparently Idaho is, per capita, the #1 state for UFO sightings. Must be our super clear and dark skies and all the pot available across the border in Oregon.  :laugh:

What was interesting in the story is the youtube video of the starlink satellites. I need to do some searching on where and when to look. That would be kind neat to see.

https://www.idahopress.com/news/local/idahos-ufo-connection-the-state-ranks-no-1-per-capita-for-seeing-unexplained-things-in/article_24535ca1-fa29-5f21-a2f8-62412db21f2e.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: UFOs in Idaho
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 09:27:04 AM »
If I were the US Air Force and flying experimental aircraft, my default route would take me north to eastern Oregon and Washington, east to North Dakota, south to the Oklahoma panhandle, and west across New Mexico, Utah and Nevada again.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 09:51:18 AM »
Maybe it is clear skies and fewer artificial light concentrations. 

There are some clear skies at my parents house sometimes, but not all the time.  Lately when it has been clear, there seems to be a lot of high thin clouds obscuring things a bit (or my vision isn't what it used to be).
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 09:55:19 AM »
Swamp gas
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2021, 10:02:53 AM »
If I were the US Air Force and flying experimental aircraft, my default route would take me north to eastern Oregon and Washington, east to North Dakota, south to the Oklahoma panhandle, and west across New Mexico, Utah and Nevada again.

Well we do have the Idaho National Lab, where they apparently do a lot more than just nuclear stuff.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2021, 10:37:33 AM »
Well we do have the Idaho National Lab, where they apparently do a lot more than just nuclear stuff.

Like weather balloons
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2021, 11:27:34 AM »
sparsely populated western states, what better place in continental us for testing stuff?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2021, 01:20:12 PM »
. . . What was interesting in the story is the youtube video of the starlink satellites. I need to do some searching on where and when to look. That would be kind neat to see.
Here's a good place to start:  https://heavens-above.com/

Several years ago this site had information on "Iridium" flashes -I saw several. If you knew when and where to look, you'd see a flash in the sky lasting a few seconds that outshone nearly every other night object other than the moon.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2021, 01:46:49 PM »

Wow, I had no idea until I just read the Wikipedia article.  They have a broad scope of services.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2021, 02:17:39 PM »
Wow, I had no idea until I just read the Wikipedia article.  They have a broad scope of services.

They also have the Naval Reactors Facility there. Way back in the day with the first Naval Nuc Reactor they wanted it out in the sticks.

As far as UFOs, we are planning a trip up to Rachel NV to park the toy hauler for a few days, maybe we will get to see some UFOs (wink, wink).

bob