Author Topic: Chicago cop attacks female bartender.  (Read 5678 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Chicago cop attacks female bartender.
« on: March 20, 2007, 11:49:47 PM »
Don't Worry. The Police Will Protect You in Chicago.
Chicago  --  This wasn't any barfight caught on tape. An angry man pummels a much smaller female bartender. As it turns out, he's a Chicago police officer and late Tuesday night he was taken into custory. Craig Wall has the complete details on this exclusive story.

Um.

Yeah.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=2725581&version=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
Re: Chicago cop attacks female bartender.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 01:45:11 AM »
OMG, that was incredibly brutal! And they were initially only going to file misdemeanor charges against that criminal. That guy needs to be behind bars where he can pick on fellows his own size.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Art Eatman

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 06:32:30 AM »
Back in the bad old days here in Brewster County, say 1975-1984, we had a chief deputy and a deputy go into a local bar.  Mid-afternoon.  The manager/bartender gal sorta smarted off, mildly.  The chief deputy night-sticked the tar out of her.  A local doctor photographed all the pressure-cuts and bruises.  But, what with her life being threatened, she left town without filing charges.  There was finally enough pressure behind the scenes on the sheriff that the chief deputy was let go.  No charges were ever filed.

Been a lot better, since those days.  Our sheriffs have generally been judicious about who they hire.

Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

Laurent du Var

• friends
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 06:39:11 AM »
So this guy is drunk and wants more to drink, she refuses, is trying to push him out of the bar, is flexing her muscles and then she gets the real big Darwin award.
And the winner is.... police
Vada a bordo, Cazzo!

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 06:44:38 AM »
So Laurent you are condoning(sp) the cops actions?  I did't see where she tried to push him out of the bar but did try to get him to get out from behind the bar.  That is the reason that you should never have anyone male or female working by themselves in a place such as that.  And what was the guy doing that was watching.  Never looked to me to offer any help until it looked as some others arrived in the bar.  That guy should have sacked up and at least prevented the bartender from taking the beating.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 06:55:22 AM »
She didn't die.

No Darwin award.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 06:56:56 AM »
So Laurent you are condoning(sp) the cops actions?  I did't see where she tried to push him out of the bar but did try to get him to get out from behind the bar.  That is the reason that you should never have anyone male or female working by themselves in a place such as that.  And what was the guy doing that was watching.  Never looked to me to offer any help until it looked as some others arrived in the bar.  That guy should have sacked up and at least prevented the bartender from taking the beating.
No, I think he's blaming her. She should know better than to think a cop wasn't going to beat the crap out of her! She just shouldn't have provoked him.

She's probably a battered wife too and she wouldn't have gotten beaten if she'd just had his dinner on the table at exactly 6pm.

Probably dresses sexy too and would have the nerve to blame a rapist for attacking her!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 07:09:54 AM »
That guy should have sacked up and at least prevented the bartender from taking the beating.

Do we know that the cop wasn't armed? If so, he was the only one...it's Chicago.

And what DO you do when the person doing the beating in a manner that could be deadly...is a cop?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 07:10:14 AM »
That's assuming that she KNEW he was a cop, and not just some drunk, fat ahole.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 07:14:34 AM »

Do we know that the cop wasn't armed? If so, he was the only one...it's Chicago.

And what DO you do when the person doing the beating in a manner that could be deadly...is a cop?

So you would just stand by and let someone obviously weaker get the hell beat out of them for doing their job?

I know that I couldn't stand around and watch it happen.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 07:25:24 AM »

So you would just stand by and let someone obviously weaker get the hell beat out of them for doing their job?

Of course I wouldn't just stand by. I'm just saying what most people have been trained to do. If it's a cop, no touchie. And in Chicago, nobody but the cop would be armed with anything. I don't even know if pepperspray is legal there, is it?

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 07:35:42 AM »
Should not matter if the guy is a cop or not.  He was breaking the law and should be dealt with accordingly.  Plus there is nothing in the video to know for sure at that time he was a cop.

Laurent du Var

• friends
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 08:11:14 AM »
Of course the cop needs to switch jobs after doing his time.
And yes I blame her.
She went down the road of becoming a victim while flexing her muscles.
This conflict had to stop right at the moment when the bad guy came behind the bar, he crossed the line right there and there had to be consequences.

Maybe a matter of choice ?

A: I see that he is drunk, I refuse to serve him, he comes behind the bar, I push him back out of the bar mouthing of, ridicule him, flex my muscles because everybody knows that some (most) people won't react agressively when drunk.

B: Let him come, let him serve himself, serve him if he threatens you, call the manager, the police, stay out of reach with a drunk guy twice your sice, lock yourself in the kitchen, in the bathroom, run out on the street, do not defend your dirthole of a bar with your life when you can go home tonight. Some things are but a Bar is not worth dying.

C: Which I would find interesting, she has a shotgun under the bar and offs him.

For me only B and C are the good options.

She didn't die.

No Darwin award.

She very well could have, he just had to fall down on top of her and she would have finished her day as a fake blond pancake....

[/quote]

[/quote]

Me neither, but I guess if things happen so fast by the time you have come to the conclusion to intervene,  the fight is over. If not directly involved one tends to be overly  assessive.

Vada a bordo, Cazzo!

TarpleyG

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 09:02:33 AM »
"Tactical" officer?  First off, am I the only one tired of hearing that term or any one of a 100 different terms indicating same?  Secondly, the guy is as fat as I am.  Hardly tactical in any sense.  He needs to suffer a similar fate as the woman he beat but maybe someone could finish the POS off.

Greg

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 09:32:44 AM »
You notice that he was not in handcuffs when they arrested him initially?  And they wanted to charge him with a misdemeanor?  I guarantee if I did that I would be a felon in handcuffs and in jail.  He should be in jail and not on bond. 

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 09:38:04 AM »
Bad cop.

No donut.
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 10:06:31 AM »
In serious need of a dirt nap.
Don't they have physical standards for police there?
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2007, 10:07:02 AM »
"She very well could have, he just had to fall down on top of her and she would have finished her day as a fake blond pancake...."

Sure. Could have, but didn't.

I COULD have become a doctor, but I didn't.

My wife and I COULD have found a way to make our marriage work, but we didnt.

The cop COULD have pulled out his service weapon and fired 16 rounds into the back of the bartender's head, but he didn't.

Ergo, no Darwin Award.

Laurent du Var

• friends
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2007, 10:16:19 AM »
Well, there is time to do for attempted murder, isn't there ?

There is, however, no Nobel prize for attempted chemistry.

As for your marriage, well, I'd like to hear your ex-wife's side.... smiley

Vada a bordo, Cazzo!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2007, 10:48:19 AM »
Attempted murder I think would be kind of hard to prove from that tape.

It's violent, but I don't think the beating really reached the level of attempted murder.

Felony assault, yes.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2007, 11:21:29 AM »
That guy should have sacked up and at least prevented the bartender from taking the beating.

.45ACP therapy?

In Chi-town (no .45ACP therapy available, possibly), maybe one of Louisville's finest products to his melon?

If no sporting equipment is available, perhaps a heavy beer mug upside his melon or a folding knife in the kidney?

I hesitate to recommend anything less than force designed to incapacitate, as the "tactical" officer has likely been trained that he is "supposed to go home."  He would likely use deadly force if not incapacitated quickly by a good samaritan.  Good luck getting a photo of Officer (not so) Friendly with your camera phone & living to tell the tale.

They arrested Mr. Tacticool on a misdemeanor.  I wonder, how did he get home from the bar?  Could he have (gasp!) driven home in such a state?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2007, 11:22:16 AM »
Aggravated criminal battery (presumably a felony) up from misdemeanor assault from what I heard on one of the news sites.

IAD is also looking into accusations of intimidation and witness tampering by someone toward the bartender the next day.

Pretty tough girl, she was walking steadier than he was when he was finally herded out of the bar.  In the video there's only a couple times where the bystander had a clear shot at him (say, with my favorite MA technique, a chair to the face) without going hands on.  That's a big, drunk, violently enraged person to tangle with hand to hand, cop or not.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2007, 12:03:52 PM »
Yes, it's a felony.

Hey, take a look at this section from the Chicago Tribune...

"Abbate's attorney, William Fahy, said his client, who has been working as a tactical officer in the 20th District, had completed an in-patient substance abuse treatment program on March 5, but has never been disciplined or suspended since he joined the department in December 1994."

Drunker than a skunk... Maybe he went from abusing one substance to another?

I'm really surprised that the Chicago PD is going to fire him.

Bob F.

• friend
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2007, 01:10:18 PM »
News says CPD is going to "try" to fire him! If that doesn't work, bury him.

I won't spend a cent of my money there, can bypass it no matter where else I my want to go.

Stay safe, and out of Chitown.
Bob
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2007, 01:57:27 PM »
Wow.   That actually made me sick to my stomach.  Yeah, he's drunk.  But he needs to lose his job, his freedom, and I hope the bartender sues the hell out of him.  I'm not normally a litigious person, but this a--hole is truly deserving of it....
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy