Author Topic: Luzerne P.A shooting... NSFW... language warning... FEBRUARY 2021  (Read 400 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id9pd8zfQcs

really disturbing, neighbors from hell.
the cursing neighbors, I may be wrong, but they do not seem the type to have ever to taken
 a deep assessment of their worldview.
The shooting neighbor, losing his life to make his point to "win" the argument.
I think I have known way to many people like this.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

fifth_column

• friend
Re: Luzerne P.A shooting... NSFW... language warning... FEBRUARY 2021
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 10:18:30 AM »
I recall this being discussed here at the time. Personally, I think there are things worth dying for, this is not one of them.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2021, 10:55:38 AM »
The commentary is right.  It never pays to get in disputes like this.  I got the impression there was bad blood between these people for while.  This day, the guy snapped and got a gun.  The shooter apparently found out it wasn't worth it pretty quick and shot himself. 

IMO, shows it ain't worth getting into these sorts of rivalries or reacting to nasty people who try to start one.  You never really know the history of the person on the other side or what they might do if pushed. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2021, 11:02:34 AM »
As I said when we first discussed this, nobody deserves to be killed for a spat like this, but if anyone comes close to needing shooting, it's the bully couple. I think they taunted the guy over days, weeks, months until he simply snapped. They might have even lived if they hadn't continued to taunt him, even after they were shot and down with his gun pointed at them.

Bad decisions that ended in three deaths, but I still blame the couple more than the shooter for three people needlessly dying.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."