Author Topic: David "Harvard Man" Hogg  (Read 12153 times)

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: David "Harvard Man" Hogg
« Reply #125 on: July 29, 2023, 04:12:32 PM »
Sorry for your loss.  I had never heard that quote until I saw it in the movie.

It's a pretty old saying; it might even be in the Bible somewhere.
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #126 on: July 29, 2023, 07:06:24 PM »

If Biden did what Mitch did today the media would be covering non stop for the next two weeks. But because it’s a Republican it’s like nothing ever happened.

The right wing bias of corporate media is nuts.
    — David Hogg 🟧 (@davidhogg111) July 27, 2023
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/07/27/david-hogg-says-the-right-wing-bias-of-corporate-media-is-nuts-n2385786

Can you say gaslighting? I knew you could.
Or he's really that clueless, take your pick

Here comes Roseanne

This tweet should be in the Smithsonian. There has never been a more democrat post in history. The lack of awareness, the lack of shame, the double standard, the absolutely insanity and soy induced frail boy bitchiness. Amazing. Absolute 10/10 https://t.co/AR4rxlr4Y7
    — Roseanne Barr (@therealroseanne) July 27, 2023
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/07/29/roseanne-destroys-david-hogg-n2385829

:rofl:

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #127 on: November 13, 2023, 08:34:20 AM »
Someone who has obviously never read the Constitution and/or completely lacks the ability to comprehend what he read says you need to read the Constitution

If you believe that stronger gun laws violate the Constitution, but think that raising the voting age does not, then you should actually read the Constitution.
    — David Hogg 🟧 (@davidhogg111) November 12, 2023

And don't argue with someone smarter than you  :rofl:
    I studied American history for the past four years of college. Maybe you should do your homework. https://t.co/SVwzW3Jfx7
    — David Hogg 🟧 (@davidhogg111) November 12, 2023
https://twitchy.com/grateful-calvin/2023/11/12/noted-constitutional-scholar-david-hogg-studied-american-history-for-four-whole-years-n2389705
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #128 on: November 13, 2023, 12:22:15 PM »
Well this is going to leave a bad taste in my mouth:

How is Mr. Hogg wrong?

The RTBA is [supposedly] protected against infringement by the second amendment.

The voting age is set by the twenty-sixth amendment.

Either one should take a new amendment to change.  So while stronger gun laws violates the constitution, so does raising the voting age

As far as clapping back on X about hthe vast historical knowledge imparted upon him by a Harvard UNdergraduate degree, I cna't help him there.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #129 on: November 13, 2023, 01:27:34 PM »
Well this is going to leave a bad taste in my mouth:

How is Mr. Hogg wrong?

The RTBA is [supposedly] protected against infringement by the second amendment.

The voting age is set by the twenty-sixth amendment.

Either one should take a new amendment to change.  So while stronger gun laws violates the constitution, so does raising the voting age

He's claiming the 2nd isn't protected against infringement by the C and he claiming that changing the voting age would violate the C while as you pointed out you can through an amendment
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #130 on: November 13, 2023, 03:16:41 PM »

He's claiming the 2nd isn't protected against infringement by the C and he claiming that changing the voting age would violate the C while as you pointed out you can through an amendment

I don't read that in his tweet at all.

He is claiming that anyone that believes that you can't legislate stronger gun laws due to the constitution should also believe that you can't legislate an older voting age due to the constitution.  He is correct. (stopped clock and all that)

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #131 on: November 13, 2023, 03:18:31 PM »
I not reading it that way but it's Hogg, better to just walk away.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #132 on: November 13, 2023, 11:26:00 PM »
Who's claiming the voting age can be raised w/o an amendment?

Is Hogg claiming that amending the constitution to raise the voting age would be just as bad as enacting stricter gun control? Because they're both constitutional issues? If so, do we also have to outlaw booze again?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #133 on: November 13, 2023, 11:27:10 PM »
I not reading it that way but it's Hogg, better to just walk away.

This.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #134 on: November 14, 2023, 08:20:12 AM »
Relevant, just posting for background.  The Preamble to the Bill Of Rights, stating unequivocally why the Amendments were adopted.  Bolding mine:

https://drexel.edu/ogcr/resources/constitution/amendments/preamble/

THE Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added. And as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best ensure the beneficent ends of its institution.

CLOSE QUOTE

I feel it necessary to point this out every once in a while.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #135 on: December 31, 2023, 09:48:57 AM »
Hogg's SAT scores were quite a bit lower than Harvard's avg

Harvard's Pride David Hogg OWNED in Brutal Back and Forth After His Not-So-GREAT SAT Score Leaked
https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/12/31/david-hogg-sat-score-n2391261

- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #136 on: December 31, 2023, 11:15:54 AM »

This is my shocked face.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #137 on: December 31, 2023, 11:20:54 AM »

Harvard's Pride David Hogg OWNED in Brutal Back and Forth After His Not-So-GREAT SAT Score Leaked
https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/12/31/david-hogg-sat-score-n2391261

It was obvious from the very beginning that Harvard accepted him for political reasons,  and his academic prowess didn't even begin to factor into the decision.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #138 on: December 31, 2023, 11:24:19 AM »
Can you imagine though what other Harvard students thought of him?  Even though most would have agreed with most of his politics he must have been supremely annoying even for them.  I wonder how many kids dropped classes or switched sections if they knew he was going to be in their class/section.  Especially if it was a group project based class.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #139 on: December 31, 2023, 11:26:05 AM »
It was obvious from the very beginning that Harvard accepted him for political reasons,  and his academic prowess didn't even begin to factor into the decision.

One wonders if his professors also went easy on him in the grading process.  Can't have the boy flunking out after bending over backwards to let him in.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #140 on: December 31, 2023, 11:51:41 AM »
One wonders if his professors also went easy on him in the grading process.  Can't have the boy flunking out after bending over backwards to let him in.

An ex-girlfriend went to Harvard Law. She freely admitted that she goofed around a lot. Their dirty little secret (at least for the law school) is that once you're in, you WILL graduate, one way or another, so that you don't affect any of the "prestige" ratings of the university. She was there in the late 80s. I can't imagine them doing anything but making it even easier to graduate in the era of DEI.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #141 on: January 26, 2024, 03:28:10 PM »
https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/01/26/david-hogg-border-uvalde-n2392202

If over 300 of your state and local police can’t stop one school shooter in Uvalde there’s no way in hell you’re going to be able to successfully secure the border on your own.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #142 on: January 26, 2024, 03:37:32 PM »
You have to forgive him, he's still shell shocked from being under fire in another building.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #143 on: January 26, 2024, 04:56:40 PM »
An ex-girlfriend went to Harvard Law. She freely admitted that she goofed around a lot. Their dirty little secret (at least for the law school) is that once you're in, you WILL graduate, one way or another, so that you don't affect any of the "prestige" ratings of the university. She was there in the late 80s. I can't imagine them doing anything but making it even easier to graduate in the era of DEI.
I have suspected that, but never heard any corroboration.  Thanks.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #144 on: January 26, 2024, 04:57:49 PM »
Can you imagine though what other Harvard students thought of him?  Even though most would have agreed with most of his politics he must have been supremely annoying even for them.  I wonder how many kids dropped classes or switched sections if they knew he was going to be in their class/section.  Especially if it was a group project based class.

Do you think he is the only one?  Probably quite a few these days.  Seems to me they have been making exceptions for a variety of reasons. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #145 on: January 26, 2024, 08:20:10 PM »
Do you think he is the only one?  Probably quite a few these days.  Seems to me they have been making exceptions for a variety of reasons.

DEI
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #146 on: March 22, 2024, 08:15:46 AM »
Seems like Hogg should be investigated for inciting violence, just like he would demand for a conservative.

This:

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/03/21/rep-thomas-massie-lays-out-the-facts-about-kyle-rittenhouse-n2394249

Led to this:

https://twitchy.com/laura-w/2024/03/21/hogg-kyle-rittenhouse-n2394256
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #147 on: April 12, 2024, 08:56:05 AM »

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #148 on: April 12, 2024, 12:26:41 PM »
Haha.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1778424106033225778

Oh my God! A hate mongering Nazi fascist who's bordering on going on a murder spree with her unregistered fully semi-automatic single shot assault rifle!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #149 on: April 13, 2024, 03:54:18 AM »
It's a pretty old saying; it might even be in the Bible somewhere.

Not exactly, but that is indeed the source of the concept:

Jeremiah 5:21. “Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not.”
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design