Author Topic: Springfield Hellcat OSP sale special this weekend  (Read 923 times)

Lennyjoe

• friend
Springfield Hellcat OSP sale special this weekend
« on: May 27, 2021, 11:18:08 AM »
Palmetto State Armory is having a good sale on the Springfield Hellcat OSP for a really good price this weekend. I picked one up a couple of months ago and it’s quickly winning me over and my Sig P365 is in jeopardy of going into the safe. $489 is a deal on this gun.

https://www.primaryarms.com/springfield-armory-hellcat-9mm-micro-compact-optics-ready-13-plus-1?trk_msg=ME6CNVV167C4L5AHNOGAUFCSP0&trk_contact=UA48OU9FCBP18RT2EAGP20A558&trk_sid=LFLGKHMNC9E57DJUB4SL22S8OS&utm_source=listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=SLOT_6&utm_campaign=21_05_AD27_Memorial-Day-2

tokugawa

• friend
Re: Springfield Hellcat OSP sale special this weekend
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 12:41:37 AM »
Palmetto State Armory is having a good sale on the Springfield Hellcat OSP for a really good price this weekend. I picked one up a couple of months ago and it’s quickly winning me over and my Sig P365 is in jeopardy of going into the safe.

Why? Thinking of one of the two. current carry is a .45 xds.

BTW- That funny little flapper for the trigger safety? It broke off after couple hundred rounds and stopped up the gun cold-gunfight dead- got jammed between the trigger and frame. Never did see the use for them, I guess everyone had to copy glock.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2021, 08:02:08 AM »
Shoots just a little better than the 365.  Both feel great in my hand but the Hellcat sights are just a bit easier to pick up with my old eyes.  I’m also a fan of my XD-45 so there may be a bit of bias towards the Springfield.

I picked up the 365 a year ago and it’s a great little summer carry, no doubt about it.  I’m carrying the 365 now and just got a holster I like for the Hellcat so it’s going to get some ride time after I run some self defense ammo thru it for its final ops checks. 

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2021, 08:24:31 AM »
Shoots just a little better than the 365.  Both feel great in my hand but the Hellcat sights are just a bit easier to pick up with my old eyes.  I’m also a fan of my XD-45 so there may be a bit of bias towards the Springfield.

I picked up the 365 a year ago and it’s a great little summer carry, no doubt about it.  I’m carrying the 365 now and just got a holster I like for the Hellcat so it’s going to get some ride time after I run some self defense ammo thru it for its final ops checks.

Gonna put optics on the Hellcat?

IMNSHO, Pistol optics are a game changer.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2021, 09:48:27 AM »
I got a red dot for my P365XL, but I need to practice with it some more with it.  Expensive 9mm is not helping.

My current carry gun has the cut to mount an optic.  I haven't bought one yet.  I noticed Aimpoint finally put out a new ACRO model with long battery life.  I was leaning toward the Holosun with the extra large circle that is supposed to help find and center the dot. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2021, 09:50:16 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWWzzSySxIA
InrangeTV did this video about the Leupold Deltapoint Micro.  It mounts on Glock models using the rear site dovetail and I think the striker cap on the back.  It actually looks like a very interesting design. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2021, 10:21:48 AM »
I got a red dot for my P365XL, but I need to practice with it some more with it.  Expensive 9mm is not helping.

I was leaning toward the Holosun with the extra large circle that is supposed to help find and center the dot.

I got the holsun 507c green for my FNX-45 tactical. I'm still practicing and learning to adapt to self-defense RD, but I LOVE the circle dot. I'm thinking about an RD for my 365XL as well, and definitely want the circle dot option, but the 507c seems a bit big for the 365.

I upgraded to circle dot RDS on my rifles as well.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2021, 11:05:32 AM »
The one I am thinking of has a circle dot Primary Arms reticle.  The circle is wide enough you can't really see it when the dot is centered.  But if the dot is not centered, you see one side of the circle.  Supposedly centering the dot is instinctive. 

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2021, 11:19:02 AM »
I got the holsun 507c green for my FNX-45 tactical. I'm still practicing and learning to adapt to self-defense RD, but I LOVE the circle dot. I'm thinking about an RD for my 365XL as well, and definitely want the circle dot option, but the 507c seems a bit big for the 365.

I upgraded to circle dot RDS on my rifles as well.

I have the Holosun with the ACSS huge circle/ dot, but it's not installed yet.  I was going to put it on a P80 G19 long slide I have to build, but I might put it on the new G17 I just impulse purchased.  We'll see.

I have a Burris Fastfire 3 on a P80 G19 and a holosun 507 on a 10mm P80 that I've played with, but the bulk of my RDS pistol time is on a (different) p80 G19 that I run and gun with, and my 365XL that I CCW.  The G19 has had a Seampfox Kingslayer, and now has a RMR, and the Sig has a Romeo Zero.  Circle dot is nice, but I find just a dot (or chevron) to be just as good at pistol ammo out to 50ish yards.  As with any shooting discipline practice is important,  but once you get past the early couple hundred rounds of relearning focus, the difference is stupid.

At run and gun, the guys with sights (who are good shooters) are always behind the optics guys. And usually whole seconds  back. 

IME the key attribute of a pistol optic is window size.  The bigger the window, the sloppier your presentation can be and still have a reticle, but even the smallest windowed red dot let's you have way worse presentation then a sight and still see. Which reticle it is is a distant second,

Ben:
The 507c is an RMR footprint and won't bolt to the 365xl directly.  You can bolt up a Romero Zero, Shield RMSC, or a Holosun 507K series.  I haven't played with the k series directly but it seems a little taller than the other two.  Still under an inch to fit the slide though.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2021, 11:35:10 AM »
Ben:
The 507c is an RMR footprint and won't bolt to the 365xl directly.  You can bolt up a Romero Zero, Shield RMSC, or a Holosun 507K series.  I haven't played with the k series directly but it seems a little taller than the other two.  Still under an inch to fit the slide though.

Thanks. The Zero is what I was thinking for the P365, but I'll check out the Holosun 507K as well.

I recently bought, but haven't mounted yet, the Primary Arms Raptor 1-6x with ACSS. The videos on ACSS just made me think it was intuitive and that I would like it.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2021, 11:51:45 AM »
The Sig Romeo Zero is what I have for my P365XL.  It seems to work well and has a shake awake function with enough battery life.  I need to practice with it more and make sure my holster works with it.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2021, 12:53:32 PM »
I recently bought, but haven't mounted yet, the Primary Arms Raptor 1-6x with ACSS. The videos on ACSS just made me think it was intuitive and that I would like it.

Entertainingly I just switched away from an ACSS 1-6 on my "primary" carbine and went back to my EOTech.

Just goes to show there's no "perfect" set up.

ACSS is quick and intuitive though.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2021, 02:49:26 PM »
Entertainingly I just switched away from an ACSS 1-6 on my "primary" carbine and went back to my EOTech.

Just goes to show there's no "perfect" set up.

ACSS is quick and intuitive though.

I'm looking at trying it on either my M1A or my MK116 PWS rifle. I'm looking at either/or for a longerish range rifle setup, keeping the RDs on the ARs that might transition from inside to outside.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2021, 03:18:28 PM »
Gonna put optics on the Hellcat?

IMNSHO, Pistol optics are a game changer.

Thinking about some kind of shake awake if I do. 

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2021, 03:20:27 PM »

I have a Burris Fastfire on my FNX-45 Tactical but am thinking about swapping it out with the Swamp Fox circle dot that’s currently on my G17

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2021, 04:19:29 PM »
I handled the Hellcat again today, at a local FFL.  The basic gun, no optics cut, no comp.  Hmmm.  I was tempted.  I wonder what I can re-home to finance it....
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2021, 05:28:33 PM »
I saw one at a gun store Friday.  Felt a lot better than I recall when I first saw one. 

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2021, 09:15:58 PM »
I like the sights better than my Sig 365.  Something about my old eyes and all...