Author Topic: Idaho cop fired for mocking LeBron James after star threatened officer  (Read 318 times)

MechAg94

• friend
https://nypost.com/2021/05/28/cop-fired-for-mocking-lebron-james-blames-cancel-culture/

The Idaho cop who went viral for a TikTok video mocking LeBron James for meddling in policing issues has been fired.

In his clip, Silvester pretended to have a phone conversation with the NBA superstar to get his advice while witnessing an imaginary black person trying to stab another black person.

“So you don’t care if a black person kills another black person, but you do care if a white cop kills a black person, even if he’s doing it to save the life of another black person?” Silvester said.

“I mean it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense, but then again you are really good at basketball so I guess I’ll take your word for it,” he said, adding “#humanizethebadge” in the viral video.

He was fired Thursday for what Bellevue Mayor Ned Burns said were “continued policy violations” after he already had a “last chance agreement” with his superior officers.
I hope there are consequences for the politicians there.
“None of my other videos that depicted me in my uniform or involving body camera footage, none of those mattered. They didn’t care about those. It wasn’t until my LeBron James TikTok struck a political nerve that they started to pay attention and complain about it and came up with forms of discipline,” he told Hannity.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Unfortunately it's in the same area as Sun Valley. Of the few liberal areas in Idaho, the area around Sun Valley is probably the stronghold. Voting-wise there likely won't be any consequences for the local commies. A lawsuit may have some positive results though.

I'm unclear on the whole "Marshal's office" thing as a city policing unit. I've never heard of that before.

Another story I read mentioned he was getting cop job offers from across the country. I'm sure he'll get some in-state ones as well so he doesn't have to move far if he doesn't want to.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."