Author Topic: stimulating job opening  (Read 768 times)

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
stimulating job opening
« on: March 27, 2007, 04:50:29 AM »
This appeared on one of the job boards i frequent...

Anyone wanna move to NYC?

Editorial Production Associate
Publication or Company    Playboy Magazine
Industry    Magazine Publishing
Benefits   401K, Dental, Health
Job Duration   Full Time
Job Location   New York, NY USA
Job Requirements   BASIC FUNCTION:
This position, under the direction of the Editorial Production Manager, is responsible for flowing copy into approved layouts and tracking layouts through all phases of the editorial production process. This position interacts with the Editorial, Copy, and Research staff internally, and with Art directors externally (Chicago).

PRIMARY RESPONSIBILTIES:
1. Check approved layouts against magazine specifications for style and consistency
2. Attach articles to layouts and/or assign text boxes to editors
3. Route articles to editors for fitting and captioning
4. Work with editors to fit when necessary
5. Print First Proofs, circulate job bag, distribute copies to Editors in NY/Art in Chicago
6. Re-check layouts once Copy inputs corrections and perform any final tweaks
7. Print Finals, circulate job bag, distribute copies to Editors in NY/Art in Chicago
8. Work with Copy on Ultras if any changes
9. Print out and approve PDFs generated by Chicago Production for quality control
10. Secondary approval of proofs generated by Quad (printer)
11. Print out advertising mini wall and keep it up to date
12. Empty job bags and file

PERSON SPECIFICATIONS:
College degree, or equivalent, and a minimum of three years production experience with a consumer magazine are required. Proficiency in InDesign is a must, K4 is desirable, proficiency in Photoshop is a plus.
About Our Company   Playboy is the world's best-selling men's monthly magazine. More than 10 million American adults read Playboy every month, and the magazine's U.S. total paid circulation of 3 million is larger than that of Esquire, GQ and Men's Journal combined.

Playboy Enterprises, Inc. is a brand-driven, international multimedia entertainment company that publishes editions of Playboy magazine around the world; operates television networks and distributes programming globally; owns Playboy.com, a leading men's lifestyle and entertainment web site; and licenses the Playboy trademark internationally for a range of consumer products and services. The Company's three business groups are Publishing, Entertainment and Licensing.

Contact   . .
Email Address   playboyresume@playboy.com
Address   USA
Special Instructions   Please no phone calls.

To submit your resume for this position online please copy/paste the following URL to your internet browser:
http://playboy.net-apply.com/register.asp?oid=PLBYHX987777
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: stimulating job opening
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 04:53:21 AM »
This position interacts with the Editorial, Copy, and Research staff internally...

smiley
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 05:04:12 AM »
I'd like to see the breakdown of their production department.

Probably something like a half dozen copy editors and layout people....and fifty digital airbrush artists. Cheesy

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 05:15:09 AM »
They didn't place in there that they are extemely left leaning and anti-gun.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 05:32:18 AM »
I'm actually qualified for that job.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

auschip

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 05:34:55 AM »
I'm in tech sales, and one of my accounts was Playboy.  I had my engineer going onsite, to meet with several people.  He said the lobby of their offices was surreal.  Between 5-10 guys waiting on various meetings, all of them sitting there reading Playboy. 

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 07:52:38 AM »
Reading Playboy?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife