Author Topic: How was the fishing, Mtnbkr?  (Read 542 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
How was the fishing, Mtnbkr?
« on: March 28, 2007, 08:02:35 PM »
Catch anything other than Katrina debris? Smiley
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

mtnbkr

• friend
Re: How was the fishing, Mtnbkr?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 05:25:09 AM »
Nope.  I didn't really expect to either since I have no clue what's biting in this area at this time of year.  Normally I'm fishing in OBX or Virginia Beach in the May - August timeframe.  The last place we hit, a large bridge/jetty area near Orange Beach, was a good place if you get there at dusk (we found this out as we were leaving at dusk).  At least in that spot, Abby got to see dolphins as they were making the trip from the bay back out to see for the evening. Cheesy

We ate at Lulu's afterwards.  Lulu's is Jimmy Buffet's sister's restaurant (Lucy Buffet).  Damn good food, damn good service, and an overall great dining experience.  It's situated on a causeway (or maybe a river, dunno).  We sat outside so Abby could watch the various boats move up and down the waterway. 

Regarding Katrina, there's still a lot of destruction around.  New Orleans is even worse though.  Lots of houses are obviously abandoned, many homes still sport the FEMA marks that were placed to show they'd been searched and what was found, etc.  Traveling up I10 into NOLA, there were entire apartment complexes, neighborhoods, etc that were entirely or mostly empty. 

Chris

mtnbkr

• friend
Re: How was the fishing, Mtnbkr?
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 08:21:08 AM »
Forgot to add...

Temps the entire week have ranged from the high 60s at night to low 80s during the day (with low to moderate humidity).  The water temps at the beach were a bit cool, but compare favorably with the water temps at OBX in late summer! 

Chris