Author Topic: Mask observation  (Read 5244 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Mask observation
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2021, 06:34:07 PM »
Apparently this is the latest mask celebrities and virgins are wearing. I notice the site is rather vague on both filtration in and out. It's apparently in double secret probation beta mode right now, price estimated at $300.

https://www.razer.com/campaigns/road-to-zephyr
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2021, 06:51:48 PM »
That's hilarious.

I have a Razer laptop, and it's great. I've used a Razer keyboard and mouse,  and they were good for gaming.

Not sure they'd be my first choice for PPE.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2021, 07:04:18 PM »

Not sure they'd be my first choice for PPE.

From the minimal gazoogling I did, they said they wanted to design the mask to be cool (as in hip), comfortable, and good for the environment (due to disposable mask pollution). Might be good fashion reasons, but yeah, for effectiveness, I'll stick with people like 3M.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Grebnaws

• friend
« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2021, 08:04:29 PM »
I have never seen anything more guaranteed to cause instantaneous soy face than that device. I'll stick to the same dirty cloth masks I've been wearing since the beginning and treating with reckless abandon.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2021, 09:07:35 PM »
Are those HF masks any good at all? How many plies are they?

Uh... They work very good at getting Karen to STFU.

That's about it.

Pretty much NOTHING you can buy retail these days will do much to stop viral particles.

But they signal the BLEEP out of virtue.

Oh yeah - blue masks mean  you support the Thin Blue Line - spread that word...
Blog under construction

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2021, 09:13:31 PM »
For what it is worth...

I sell stuff to people who do automotive body work. Who sand bondo and fiberglass. Who paint cars.

I can't get PPE for my people, because there are people attempting to signal virtue. Can't get actual useful masks. And some folks wonder why I laugh at the crap that fashionable people are flaunting. Because I can't cry about it.

I can't get frickin' GLOVES for my customers. I wonder how many people will have problems due to the chemicals that they now have to be in contact with to do their jobs.

Blog under construction

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2021, 09:25:28 PM »
For what it is worth...

I sell stuff to people who do automotive body work. Who sand bondo and fiberglass. Who paint cars.

I can't get PPE for my people, because there are people attempting to signal virtue. Can't get actual useful masks. And some folks wonder why I laugh at the crap that fashionable people are flaunting. Because I can't cry about it.

I can't get frickin' GLOVES for my customers. I wonder how many people will have problems due to the chemicals that they now have to be in contact with to do their jobs.

I expect a wave of new cancer to happen in the next couple decades from the excessive and continuous exposure to chemical agents.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2021, 09:41:27 PM »
Nationally, this DEADLY disease has had 0.195% of the overall population die WITH it. Or at least attributed to it.

It is SO transmissible. Your best friend could be a carrier. SHUN them!

Oh, and most of those numbers were terminally ill patients over 70.

But SHUN your neighbors!
Blog under construction

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #108 on: September 05, 2021, 06:13:27 AM »
For what it is worth...

Your distributors suck.  I haven't had a problem getting PPE for my guys except for a couple months right at the beginning.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #109 on: September 05, 2021, 07:56:53 AM »
We would normally have about 50 or so boxes of gloves on the shelf, different weights and sizes. Now we've got about a dozen, and they're pretty much reserved for the shops. They have also darn near doubled in price.
Blog under construction

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2021, 10:27:04 PM »
Many of you have probably heard that IL-ANNOY's governor, "Jabba the Hutt", ordered everybody mask up, indoors and out, regardless of vaccination status, effective 8/30/21.
I went to three grocers on Friday and only one even bothered to say anything to me.
I stopped in a local "Walfart" today and the greeter offered me a mask.  I just said "No thanks" and continued into the store.  I stopped at a Ace Hardware store a little while later and nothing was said.
So much for Jelly Belly's "executive order".
  [barf]  :rofl:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #111 on: September 05, 2021, 10:30:03 PM »
Had another customer ask for a free mask.

And put it in his pocket.

Blog under construction

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #112 on: September 05, 2021, 11:01:16 PM »
Governor Brownshirt has decried masks for everyone everywhere and the morons out here Goebbles'd it right up like it was the sacred truth to not dying.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #113 on: September 05, 2021, 11:06:33 PM »
My observation, from dealing with people, is that the low information folks are scared bleepless.

Generally not the smartest sheeples...

Unless, of course, they are really woke.

How to make one of those folks' head hurt: "You know, I've been wanting to get a good mask - do you know where I can get one that is certified to stop that virus thing?"
Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #114 on: September 06, 2021, 08:06:19 AM »
Governor Brownshirt has decried masks for everyone everywhere and the morons out here Goebbles'd it right up like it was the sacred truth to not dying.

Everyone in Eastern OR is ignoring her. Even places like Albertsons and Home Despot, who last time both had signs out and were semi-sorta-enforcing masks, this time have no signs and are enforcing nothing.

It appears they are enforcing masks for their employees, but personal observation shows perhaps 10-20% of customers wearing masks. Further personal observation shows zero compliance with the outdoor mask mandate.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #115 on: September 06, 2021, 09:14:54 AM »
Everyone in Eastern OR is ignoring her. Even places like Albertsons and Home Despot, who last time both had signs out and were semi-sorta-enforcing masks, this time have no signs and are enforcing nothing.

It appears they are enforcing masks for their employees, but personal observation shows perhaps 10-20% of customers wearing masks. Further personal observation shows zero compliance with the outdoor mask mandate.

They have not learned one of the first rules of leadership (it might even be rule #1, I'm not sure)  Never give an order that you know will be ignored/disobeyed. 
"It's good, though..."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #116 on: September 06, 2021, 04:29:04 PM »
They have not learned one of the first rules of leadership (it might even be rule #1, I'm not sure)  Never give an order that you know will be ignored/disobeyed.

Unless you want it disobeyed as a legal excuse to push an agenda.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #117 on: September 06, 2021, 07:18:52 PM »
Unless you want it disobeyed as a legal excuse to push an agenda.
IMO, the mask orders are just virtue signalling and they don't really care about them.  They never have cared about masks for themselves as leftist elites all over the country have been caught not wearing masks where they recommend everyone else wear them. 

I think the politicians in office are generally the useful idiots that are too stupid to know good leadership.  The smart ones are probably running the billion dollar foundations that funnel money to those politicians and push agendas.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #118 on: September 06, 2021, 08:01:29 PM »
Psaki let's one slip off her toungue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfjrj-_rjVg

Freudian slip if I ever saw one  :lol:
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #119 on: September 06, 2021, 08:56:45 PM »

Tar. Feathers. Rail. Those.... people... in the back row.

Some assembly required.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #120 on: September 08, 2021, 12:22:58 PM »
Some good links regarding mask mandates.

Briggs has done a yeoman's job of collating information during the pandemic.

It's a little over my head but maybe some of you guys might find the discussion about the Bangladesh study interesting.

https://wmbriggs.com/post/37320/
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #121 on: September 08, 2021, 12:48:01 PM »
^^^That is a very interesting website, Ron.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #122 on: September 08, 2021, 01:05:05 PM »

Who are the adults in this picture?  Someone I should recognize?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #123 on: September 08, 2021, 02:19:43 PM »
^^^^  Teachers.  At a school where there is likely a mask mandate.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #124 on: September 08, 2021, 02:32:13 PM »
^^^^  Teachers.  At a school where there is likely a mask mandate.

And you know at least one of them has ranted on Facebook about how going back to in person school is “literally killing us”
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!