Author Topic: Internet Radio Stations  (Read 946 times)

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Internet Radio Stations
« on: March 30, 2007, 08:26:04 PM »
Here's a good one I just found.

http://pandora.com

You can create your own stations and tailor the it to play only the kind of music you like.
They play a lot of album cuts you don't here on the top 40 stations.

I think this is the future of radio entertainment.

I have my Steely Dan station playing right now and am about to switch over to my Diana Krall station.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Internet Radio Stations
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 08:56:37 PM »
I pay $30 a year to get Yahoo launchcast digital streaming radio on my computer.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 04:38:42 AM »
You can also just click on "radio" on iTunes...

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 10:42:27 AM »
I use RV8 to schedule recording of various broadcast.  Works like a champ.  Since I've found alternate codec's for Real Audio streaming I'm now free of RA forever.  I located a few sites that collect broadcast URL from all over the ether.  Life is good.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 04:02:50 PM »
I pay $30 a year to get Yahoo launchcast digital streaming radio on my computer.

Yep. I love Yahoo's Launchcast radio. No commercials (well, if you have a paid subscription, like Mike Irwin and I), great system to rate music, huge selection, etc.
Andy