Author Topic: Crime + Stupid = $$$$  (Read 939 times)

Art Eatman

• friend
Crime + Stupid = $$$$
« on: March 31, 2007, 04:53:52 AM »
There is a high-rise building that's been set up since 1998 for poor and elderly.  The bottom two floors, however, weren't leased for the deal.  Those floors have been taken over by various sorts of thugs.  These are apparently, merely squatters.  Lotsa drug dealing and all the other crap.  Cops get called several times a day.

The governmental solution?  Condemn the building.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/business/stories.nsf/story/ED2F99B893C2B875862572AD000DFFDC?OpenDocument

My hangup with the deal:  Government money is used to subsidize the folks who are legal residents.  They're spending a ton to move folks out of the building.  Then a bank is supposed to repo the building.

My notion?  Instead of the money spent on sending local cops there, over and over for no accomplishment, why not hire some badges to go in and clean up the place?  Live there and keep the crudheads out?  Once it's cleaned out of the crooks, it ought to be fairly easy for a half-dozen permanent guards to maintain order.  And a helluva lot cheaper.

And send a message to crooks, "We cleaned this up; your housing project is next."
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Re: Crime + Stupid = $$$$
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 07:40:43 AM »
Sort of like the Popular Forces in Vietnam? police
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Crime + Stupid = $$$$
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 07:42:43 AM »
But that would make too much sense and at the same time someone who approved all of this probably will get a kick back from the bank after the repo sale.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!