Author Topic: 6 year old having a temper tantrum? CALL THE COPS!!!  (Read 1117 times)

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
6 year old having a temper tantrum? CALL THE COPS!!!
« on: March 31, 2007, 08:46:55 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/video/player/player.html?url=/video/law/2007/03/30/baynews9.6yearold.arrested.affl

Whisky Tango Foxtrot?

Child has a temper tantrum in school, yelling, throwing chairs, crying uncontrollably (remember, this girl is 6 years old).  So the cops are called and child is handcuffed and taken to jail, charged wtih "Resisting a LEO w/o violence" among other things.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

MattC

• friend
Re: 6 year old having a temper tantrum? CALL THE COPS!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 09:37:36 AM »
My initial reaction was disgust, profound confusion, and scorn.

But that's not worth posting, so I walked away and was thinking about it.  What else was the teacher supposed to do?  In today's political climate, the teacher is more likely to be sued, fired, and unable to work as a teacher than any police officer handling the conflict.  The teacher cannot touch the child, even yell or shout.  I've witnessed a lot of parents who, on even days, think their child can do no wrong, and that nobody should scold their child, or make the child feel ashamed, embarassed, improper, etc.  On odd days, they lament today's youth, the company their child keeps, and how they feel helpless when it comes to teaching their children the lessons of life.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 10:25:14 AM »
Chicago cops are a little over-cautious with all the video floating around.

Didn't some cops taser an 11 year old for much the same behavior last year?

These guys showed restraint.  smiley
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 03:25:34 PM »
I saw one of these videos a while back . . . the teacher's hands ARE tied, they CANNOT actually DO anything . . . so calling the cops is really their only option.

Stupid, idiotic, etc., but if they act in a rational manner, they WILL be punished . . . perhaps criminally, as well as administratively.  angry

On another (non-gun) forum run by a local news station, I opined that unless the child had a brain disorder or was having a bad reaction to medication of some sort, I didn't see a child who needed to be arrested, I saw a child badly in need of a LONG OVERDUE spanking.

Most respondents agreed with me, but you wouldn't believe what I was called by the bedwetting leftists. ("Neanderthal" was the kindest term used . . . )
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 04:08:39 PM »
"Neanderthal" was the kindest term used . . . )

Maybe I'm a tad strange, but to my ears being called a Neanderthal would be an honor.  A long successful run in a very difficult climate with changing conditions, hunted megafauna, first of the hominids to bury their dead with reverence and respect last I heard....

What happened to the days when an errant child in school lived in mortal fear of being sent to the principals office for being a brat?
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 05:11:32 PM »
Kids don't really fear anything these days.  If the parents don't do anything, teachers certainly can't. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2007, 05:21:20 PM »
This is a clear example of why we need mandatory minimums in school as well as in the criminal system.

You commit an offense against a teacher, 5 detention mandatory minimum sentence to stop those wishy-washy liberal principals from letting you off with a note to mom.

Three strikes, and you get expelled from school and have your name entered into a national registry, to be checked for all purchases of video games, cartoon DVD's, ice creams, candies of any flavor, and all sweet drinks besides nutritious ovaltine.

It's about time we got fed up with these "revolving detention room door" policies.  You want to whine? Your behind will meet the whittled pine.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2007, 05:26:41 PM »
Well, there is supposedly a minimum punishment for actions. At our school district, they had like a three page chart with what punishment was supposed to be given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd offenses. Of course, it was never adhered to, so it had no effect.

Of course, for the parents, the child is always a perfect angel who can do no wrong, and will sue anyone who thinks different.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MattC

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2007, 06:32:18 PM »
a note to mom

Umm...  Maybe it was just my family, but that is more scary than any detention.  And up through high school, suspension was scary because it meant extremely mad parents.

MechAg94 has it right, in my experience: It all starts and ends with the parents.  They are primarily responsible for the education of their children, and that can't be pushed onto anyone else.  If the child fails in school, blame starts with the parents.

I can't forget the comment made by a 12 year old girl who used a metal pick comb to stab another girl in the heart.  She was told beforehand, by her friends, that she shouldn't do it because she would get in trouble.  Girl replied, "No I won't, my mom will."

Laurent du Var

• friends
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2007, 10:28:13 PM »
This is a clear example of why we need mandatory minimums in school as well as in the criminal system.

You commit an offense against a teacher, 5 detention mandatory minimum sentence to stop those wishy-washy liberal principals from letting you off with a note to mom.

Three strikes, and you get expelled from school and have your name entered into a national registry, to be checked for all purchases of video games, cartoon DVD's, ice creams, candies of any flavor, and all sweet drinks besides nutritious ovaltine.

It's about time we got fed up with these "revolving detention room door" policies.  You want to whine? Your behind will meet the whittled pine.

I didn't know you were celebrating the first of April Jokes whereever you are.
Could it be Teheran ? Stop baiting the conservatives or you'll get wentzelled !
But you do make the APS more entertaining.
Vada a bordo, Cazzo!

Thor

• friend
  • US Navy (retired)
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2007, 06:04:20 AM »
What happened to the days when an errant child in school lived in mortal fear of being sent to the principals office for being a brat?

That went away when corporal punishment ceased. I DO remember waiting in anxious fear outside the principal's office for a paddling. Not only did one get a paddling in my day, but also a call or note to the parents as to why.
" a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand." - Lucius Annaeus

for Military, Vets, & Supporters, check out:
USMILNET

Conservative Discussion Forum

Maser

• friend
    • The Teen Guns Forum
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2007, 04:19:52 PM »
 grin
Why must life be so hard? Why must I cry? Why must I be so wrong? Why must I die?