Author Topic: Things I never knew - Voyager update  (Read 4057 times)

cordex

• Administrator
Re: Things I never knew - Voyager update
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2024, 05:22:41 PM »
If anyone can it's the RocketMan.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2024, 09:16:37 AM »
Making progress

NASA's Voyager 1 probe is once again sending readable radio signals back to Earth after engineers fixed a computer glitch that caused the spacecraft to malfunction in November.

For the first time in five months, Voyager 1 is now transmitting usable data about the health and status of its onboard engineering systems back to our planet, NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory announced Monday (April 22). However, engineers have yet to fix the software that enables the spacecraft to return science data.

After months of sending gibberish to NASA, Voyager 1 is finally making sense again
https://www.livescience.com/space/space-exploration/after-months-of-sending-gibberish-to-nasa-voyager-1-is-finally-making-sense-again
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2024, 09:28:41 AM »
That sounds like some pretty good remote tech support. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2024, 09:40:46 AM »
That sounds like some pretty good remote tech support.

NASA hires only the finest Indians
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2024, 10:27:58 AM »
NASA hires only the finest Indians

This might be the first case of the end user being the one that's hard to understand on the phone for the tech support guy.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2024, 11:38:01 PM »
101100011110100110110001101  :rofl:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”