Author Topic: Sig P365XL Spectre Comp  (Read 1086 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Sig P365XL Spectre Comp
« on: February 05, 2022, 11:23:03 AM »
I was just watching some videos on this gun, and the compensator sure seems to make a difference. I was thinking this would be a nice upgrade for CC, then I saw the price - $1200. Yikes. That's double what I paid for my 365XL.

Of all the compact guns I have bought or tried since I moved to America, the 365XL has been the winner for me as a compact gun that still fits well in my hand. This compensated version seems like it would be the only compact I would need to own, but that price is a little bit hard to swallow for me.

https://www.sigsauer.com/p365xl-spectre-comp.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Sig P365XL Spectre Comp
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2022, 02:03:00 PM »
I was just watching some videos on this gun, and the compensator sure seems to make a difference. I was thinking this would be a nice upgrade for CC, then I saw the price - $1200. Yikes. That's double what I paid for my 365XL.

Of all the compact guns I have bought or tried since I moved to America, the 365XL has been the winner for me as a compact gun that still fits well in my hand. This compensated version seems like it would be the only compact I would need to own, but that price is a little bit hard to swallow for me.

https://www.sigsauer.com/p365xl-spectre-comp.html

You can always DIY.  There are several add on comps available.

I have a PMM comp and barrel on my 365.  It is excellent.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2022, 02:58:52 PM »
You can always DIY.  There are several add on comps available.

I have a PMM comp and barrel on my 365.  It is excellent.

Interesting. Are those drop-in, or do they require gunsmithing?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 04:34:44 PM »
What is with that awful gold color so many manufacturers are using for premium firearms? I'd be interested, though maybe not at that price if the barrel and trigger were a normal color.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2022, 04:38:28 PM »
What is with that awful gold color so many manufacturers are using for premium firearms? I'd be interested, though maybe not at that price if the barrel and trigger were a normal color.

Yeah, I hate that too. It's apparently Titanium Nitride. I don't know if that's the natural color for that or what, but it's definitely too gangsta for my liking. It's like they hired a Desert Eagle guy or something for the design team.

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2022, 04:50:35 PM »
Yeah, I hate that too. It's apparently Titanium Nitride. I don't know if that's the natural color for that or what, but it's definitely too gangsta for my liking. It's like they hired a Desert Eagle guy or something for the design team.

I got curious and looked it up. Apparently it is the natural color, but I personally would take even a slightly inferior coating just to avoid that color. It just screams Gangster or Middle East Dictator to me.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2022, 07:59:40 PM »
Add on comps might make finding a holster harder.  That just looks like a ported barrel and slide, which aught to be doable pretty easy for a couple hundred bucks.

I don't find my 365xl to be very difficult to control  though. I'd have to shoot a ported one to see if it's worth it.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2022, 08:20:52 PM »
Interesting. Are those drop-in, or do they require gunsmithing?

Drop in.  The downside is that the comp is semi-permanent.  It is threaded on and then locked in with thread lock.

I would think any open bottom holster should work.  The comp/muzzle will just stick out a bit.

Parker Mountain Machine in NH.

https://www.parkermountainmachine.com/
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2022, 11:34:51 AM »
Ha ha. After complaining here about the price, I bought one yesterday.  :rofl:

Combination of an FU to Brandon and Sportsman's Warehouse having them on sale for $899. They weren't in stock at the local store, so bought it online (FU Brandon!) and it should be here next week. I'll need to learn to live with the Desert Eagle colors. One nice thing about it, unlike the regular XL is that you can put an optic on it and keep the rear sight.

Also my current 365XL has the thumb safety, which I thought I would want for carrying the pistol in a pocket. However I find the XL a bit too cumbersome for a pocket, so it's always either in an OWB holster or a Tier 1 appendix holster. I don't think you can even get a Spectre with a thumb safety.

I've been carrying my 365XL more, switching between it and my S&W Commander size 1911. With Summer around the corner, I'll probably be carry the 365 even more. I'll be interested to see the difference between shooting it and a standard XL.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2022, 11:42:42 AM »

I agree I find it distasteful on a more tactical/discrete firearm... but Browning has been doing it for decades as a sign of their more premium trigger packages.

In regards to this new P365 offering, it's intriguing, but I don't find the P365XL RZ that I carry to give excessive recoil where my CCW weapon needs a compensator.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2022, 09:43:04 PM »
Get yourself one of SIG's steel guns and more colors are available besides gold.

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2022, 04:20:08 PM »
Thread Necro:

Sig just emailed me that they are now selling this slide and integrated comp by itself, so you can swap it to an existing 365 series.  Of course I could damn near buy another plain 365XL for what the slide and barrel cost, but at least it's less than the whole Spectre gun.

Ben, how are you liking your comped, tactical micro 9?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2022, 05:22:59 PM »
Ben, how are you liking your comped, tactical micro 9?

Funny story from the Ben is a moron department. I bought the Spectre, not the Spectre comp, not knowing that there were two versions of it.  :-[ :rofl:

When I went to Sportsman's Warehouse to pick it up, I was like, wait a minute, these slide cuts are different than in the videos! Then I also saw the XL length barrel instead of the 3" barrel.

It turns out there is a "plain" Spectre that has the X series slide cuts and the Titanium Nitride barrel and trigger, but no comp. I ended up saying what the hell and took it home anyway.   :laugh:

I put a Holosun 507K on it and it shoots really nice. I really like the Spectre grip module. It's a big improvement over the regular 365 grip.

But yeah, so anyway, I have no input on the comped model.  =D