Author Topic: "They Got What They Wanted"  (Read 995 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"They Got What They Wanted"
« on: March 12, 2022, 03:57:04 PM »
I thought the whole, "They got what they wanted, good and hard" schtick was supposed to be our line to Biden voters, not the Biden admin's line to Biden voters.  :rofl:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1502707780456747011
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: "They Got What They Wanted"
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2022, 05:56:29 PM »
She always sounds drunk/high to me.  Anyone else hear her that way?

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2022, 05:58:11 PM »

Yeah - it's that nasally voice. Plus the stupid *expletive deleted*it she says.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2022, 06:19:15 PM »

What I want to say I probably shouldn't.
Hint: Don't talk when..............
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2022, 06:38:33 PM »
What I want to say I probably shouldn't.
Hint: Don't talk when..............

Toobin'?
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2022, 06:47:22 PM »
I have no idea what that means and a quick google search only brought up articles on Jeffrey Toobin
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2022, 07:19:45 PM »
I have no idea what that means and a quick google search only brought up articles on Jeffrey Toobin

It was a joke.  (not necessarily a funny one)  Don't talk while masturbating.  Especially in public.  I was comparing her unfavorably to Jeffery T.  Now I've explained it enough to kill it if it was a little funny
"It's good, though..."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2022, 07:22:07 PM »
I just thought of something.  Gilbert Gottfried (in character) would be a great Press Secretary.   :rofl:
"It's good, though..."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2022, 07:25:15 PM »
Sam Kinison would have been an awesome press secretary.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2022, 07:26:41 PM »

For Trump, Biden not so much
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2022, 07:59:22 PM »

Dear Lord, yes!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2022, 08:04:16 PM »
I never thought a politician would manage to set a lower bar with her voice than Hillary Clinton. Harris has two modes. The one mode is "oh, boy, I'd better cackle my way out of this jam - HAHAHAHAHAHA!" In her other mode she tries to come off as if she is wearily, but patiently explaining her higher wisdom to us foolish children. And her patience is wearing thin.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2022, 08:12:55 PM »
Bill Clinton's press secretary?

Dice.
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2022, 08:25:17 PM »
I never thought a politician would manage to set a lower bar with her voice than Hillary Clinton. Harris has two modes. The one mode is "oh, boy, I'd better cackle my way out of this jam - HAHAHAHAHAHA!" In her other mode she tries to come off as if she is wearily, but patiently explaining her higher wisdom to us foolish children. And her patience is wearing thin.

Racist!

The View's Sunny Hostin claims any criticism of Kamala Harris's inappropriate laughter when discussing Ukrainian refugees in Poland is "based in racism" and "that’s the truth of it."
    "What it is they constantly question the qualifications of black women," she said. pic.twitter.com/IyqePOLZOA

— Nicholas Fondacaro (@NickFondacaro) March 11, 2022
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/03/11/the-views-sunny-hostin-says-criticism-of-kamala-harris-inappropriate-cackling-habit-is-obviously-based-in-racism-video/
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2022, 09:45:16 AM »
For Trump, Biden not so much
Considering the hostility of the press towards Trump, I think Don Rickels would have been great as Trump's press secretary. (Imagine him getting into it with Jim Acosta.  :rofl:  )

As for Kamala, it's not just her nasally voice, it's her awkward cadence and inappropriate laughter. I've concluded that cackle isn't just a verbal tic when she has problems answering a question, it's indicative that something is wrong with her mentally. Her recent laughing fit during a press conference on horror and death in the Ukraine war is a case in point.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2022, 12:19:31 PM »
It would be nice to think that the electorate might realize that even though they got what they voted for it's not what they wanted.
Fantasy of  course.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2022, 12:21:27 PM »
Considering the hostility of the press towards Trump, I think Don Rickels would have been great as Trump's press secretary. (Imagine him getting into it with Jim Acosta.  :rofl:  )

Acosta wouldn't know what hit him. He called me a hockey puck!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife