Author Topic: Italian woman has her stolen birthday cake replaced 77 years later  (Read 584 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
She was 13 when US soldiers stole a cake her mother had baked her for her birthday in 1945.
The army made her a replacement cake 77 years later

US Army replaces cake it stole from Italian girl in 1945
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61265618

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Italian woman has her stolen birthday cake replaced 77 years later
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2022, 10:25:13 AM »
Cool story.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2022, 12:44:17 PM »
It would have been a better story if it was a fruitcake that had been repeatedly "re-gifted" for the past 77 years . . . and was still just as good as the day it was made.  ;)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2022, 12:55:22 PM »
It would have been a better story if it was a fruitcake that had been repeatedly "re-gifted" for the past 77 years . . . and was still just as good as the day it was made.  ;)

I see you don't understand fruit cake physics. The longer the fruitcake has had to age, the better it gets which is why fruitcake re-gifting is so popular. At some point it become so utterly delicious that people are afraid to break the aging process so it just keeps on aging.

bob

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2022, 04:58:16 PM »
"...and was still just as good as the day it was made.  ;)

I was gonna say, "That ain't sayin' much."

They say either osmium or iridium is the most dense substance.  I was gonna throw in fruit cake as a tie breaking candidate.  Good doorstop.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.