Author Topic: California Reparations  (Read 6732 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: California Reparations
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2023, 12:19:36 PM »
Wasn't a low flow toilet I take it. I don't see how it would even start to go down in the newer eco toilets.
Boggles my mind she would keep at it even after being told.

Beats the hell out of me. Given the age of the building, though, I suspect not.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2023, 12:59:57 PM »
I think the point is moot though.  CA doesn't HAVE that much money and as was pointed out, can't print their own.

CA has roughly $37 Billion in Cash reserves.  Their 2023 budget was $300 Billion.

Google tells me there are 2.251 million black folks in CA as of 2020.  So if the windows calculator isn't lying to me 2,251,000 x 5,000,000 = 11,255,000,000,000.  $11.2 Trillion just for the initial payouts, not counting wiping person debts and $97,000/anum for 250 years and free housing.

I guys they could try an find someone stupid enough to buy CA state debt to fund this, but I doubt there is anyone on the planet that retarded.  At least not anyone that has 11 trillion dollars. 

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2023, 01:10:25 PM »
but I doubt there is anyone on the planet that retarded.

Say hello to the Den of Retards

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2023, 01:23:12 PM »
^^^^ That thought occured to me as well, but I don't think they are actually that retarded.  They have some folks they let spout off for the cameras, but the folks actually making decisions?  Nah.

It has occurred to me that if this kind of thing starts coming from federal taxes, I'd just switch my withholding to zero and not pay taxes.  I know I'm not the only one that is thinking of that.  87,000 agents or not, the IRS can't MAKE the whole country, or even half of it, pay taxes.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2023, 01:34:50 PM »
Google tells me there are 2.251 million black folks in CA as of 2020.  So if the windows calculator isn't lying to me 2,251,000 x 5,000,000 = 11,255,000,000,000.  $11.2 Trillion just for the initial payouts, not counting wiping person debts and $97,000/anum for 250 years and free housing.

The other thing is, and I keep seeing the "payout rules" changing, so I don't actually know what's true or not, but one article I read said that payments would be tiered based on several criteria. I think like how long you lived in CA, tracing ancestry, and some other stuff, so not everyone would be getting the $5 million and other stuff.

It will be very interesting if that's the case and some black people get $5 million and a house, and others get like $5000. I'd expect "peaceful protests".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2023, 03:22:45 PM »
Related to the evictions  talk

Where the "median rent is $3,800"

Berkeley tenants crash landlords' party to celebrate end of COVID-era evictions ban
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12515355/Berkeley-landlords-party-evictions-rent.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2023, 08:18:02 PM »
I'm  going to preface this by saying that my renter is a really nice retired school teacher, who pays her rent on time, and the couple times she needed a little extra time during 2020, I was happy to be able to help her out.  She paid up as soon as she was able.

That said, if I had to deal with what is described in that article, I'd be sorely tempted to burn the place to the ground and dump enough PCBs that the entire neighborhood had to be declared a Superfund site.