Author Topic: Murder charge against NYC bodega worker Jose Alba is DA Bragg’s latest controver  (Read 5409 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Murder charge against NYC bodega worker Jose Alba is DA Bragg’s latest controversy
https://nypost.com/2022/07/07/murder-charge-against-bodega-owner-is-braggs-latest-controversy/

The girlfriend felt insulted after her EBT card wouldn't work to buy chips.  So she called her simp boyfriend to come beat up the worker.  I think the attacker may have been killed by the knife she stabbed the worker with, but I am not certain of that.  About the best self defense case you will find.  In a free state, he should have been shot dead.  But Jose Alba is charged with murder and given 250K bail and stuck in prison.  I doubt he will get a speedy trial as that right doesn't seem to exist anymore.  I hope he gets decent representation. 

Eric Adams supports ‘hard-working’ bodega clerk Jose Alba over ‘self-defense’
https://nypost.com/2022/07/07/nyc-mayor-eric-adams-supports-bodega-worker-jose-alba/

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CfuT6xhATcx/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Cashier Charged After Killing Criminal Attacking Him Over a Bag of Chips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgZpZTv7at8
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
This is the concern with some of these ban states being forced to give out carry licenses. Their self defense laws suck.  Maybe that is something that needs to be settled at the SC or in Congress.  A federal bill spelling out minimum self defense rights would be nice, but not likely. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Murder charge against NYC bodega worker Jose Alba is DA Bragg’s latest controversy
https://nypost.com/2022/07/07/murder-charge-against-bodega-owner-is-braggs-latest-controversy/

The girlfriend felt insulted after her EBT card wouldn't work to buy chips.  So she called her simp boyfriend to come beat up the worker.  I think the attacker may have been killed by the knife she stabbed the worker with, but I am not certain of that.  About the best self defense case you will find.  In a free state, he should have been shot dead.  But Jose Alba is charged with murder and given 250K bail and stuck in prison.  I doubt he will get a speedy trial as that right doesn't seem to exist anymore.  I hope he gets decent representation. 

Eric Adams supports ‘hard-working’ bodega clerk Jose Alba over ‘self-defense’
https://nypost.com/2022/07/07/nyc-mayor-eric-adams-supports-bodega-worker-jose-alba/

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CfuT6xhATcx/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Cashier Charged After Killing Criminal Attacking Him Over a Bag of Chips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgZpZTv7at8

All this, and it's on video. The American Left really does have some cartoonishly evil characters that are literally pro-crime, and seeking to punish the law-abiding. Yet people vote to give them power.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
I have stated for years that stopping the commission of a misdemeanor in California is considered a felony
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
I've been reading more on this. If accurate:

1) The girlfriend stabbed the Bodega worker but was not charged with a crime.

2) This Bragg asswipe was actually trying to get the bail doubled, but was shot down by a judge.

This is one of the more egregious things I have seen from Soros' DAs. If Bragg makes it through the rest of the year without a forced resignation or recall, we should just nuke NYC and call it good, because the citizens there have spoken. These guys were all voted in with a popular vote.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
ANOTHER grotesque miscarriage of justice in New York.

It was NYPD that arrested the shopkeeper - did they do it on their own or was it ordered by the D.A.?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Pb

• friend
Self defense is racist.

Perd Hapley

• friend
Self defense is racist.

Well, it was a non-black using lethal force to protect himself from a black assailant. Criminalizing that is what BLM is all about.*

Plus grift, and other lofty goals.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
Murder charges dropped
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
But still no charges against the girlfriend.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
But still no charges against the girlfriend.

I noticed that.  She should be getting an ADW at least.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Pb

• friend
I noticed that.  She should be getting an ADW at least.

Wrong color.

Jim147

• friends
She only stabbed him three or four times. It's not like she had an AR15.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

HankB

• friend
Word is the charges were dropped because the DA thought he couldn't prove the “defendant was not justified in his use of deadly physical force.”
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
So they dropped the charges against Jose?
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
So they dropped the charges against Jose?
Yes.

Murder Charges Dropped Against NYC Bodega Clerk Who Defended Himself During Attack
https://www.dailywire.com/news/murder-charges-dropped-against-nyc-bodega-clerk-who-defended-himself-during-attack

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
He never should have been charged in the first place. Even KG isn't going that low.
Blog under construction

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Word is the charges were dropped because the DA thought he couldn't prove the “defendant was not justified in his use of deadly physical force.”

The DA dropped the charges because of the huge national publicity backlash. No other reason. None.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
The DA dropped the charges because of the huge national publicity backlash. No other reason. None.

Also the fate of certain prosecutors on the Left Coast.

WLJ

• friends
Would be great if they put in as much effort in prosecuting actual criminals
- Calvin and Hobbes

griz

• friend
Legal (or political) issues aside, I've never understood how somebody could believe that a human being doesn't have the right to defend him or herself, even with potentially deadly force.  Did the DA really expect him to just fight a man who was bigger, younger, and in better shape than he was?  I guess that's why NY didn't (well, still doesn't) like the idea of concealed carry for law abiding citizens.  I just don't understand why a bleeding and bruised old man is preferable to a dead thug.  More to my point, I don't understand how others would think that.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

JTHunter

• friends
Would be great if they put in as much effort in prosecuting actual criminals.

That will never happen.
And Bogie - I believe tha KG would stoop to that level.  She isn't that far off in some of her other actions.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

HankB

• friend
Legal (or political) issues aside, I've never understood how somebody could believe that a human being doesn't have the right to defend him or herself, even with potentially deadly force.  Did the DA really expect him to just fight a man who was bigger, younger, and in better shape than he was?  I guess that's why NY didn't (well, still doesn't) like the idea of concealed carry for law abiding citizens.  I just don't understand why a bleeding and bruised old man is preferable to a dead thug.  More to my point, I don't understand how others would think that.
It's a mental sickness. And it's not just the DA in NY.

Think back to the Kyle Rittenhouse trial - the second chair prosecutor actually made an argument before the jury that Rittenhouse should have accepted and submitted to a beating rather than shooting his assailants.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Many libtards believe that a dead rape victim is morally superior to a live woman that defended herself with lethal force.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams