Author Topic: Prime Day purchase  (Read 561 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Prime Day purchase
« on: July 13, 2022, 10:58:10 AM »
My Samsung Galaxy S9+ was getting long in the tooth at four years old, so I got a Galaxy S22 for $ 200 off during Prime Day.  The cameras are supposed to be much better.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Prime Day purchase
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2022, 11:12:04 AM »
It honestly hadn't occurred to me to shop Amazon for phones.  Looks like more options available if you have an idea of what you want. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2022, 12:29:18 PM »
^^^I have bought my three last phones on Amazon.  I only buy unlocked phones where I can pay for them outright and choose a carrier.  My wife and I now use Verizon as having the best coverage in our area. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2022, 02:05:50 PM »
^^^I have bought my three last phones on Amazon.  I only buy unlocked phones where I can pay for them outright and choose a carrier.  My wife and I now use Verizon as having the best coverage in our area.
I was looking for something like that.  Verizon has been sending me emails telling me I can upgrade for a $800 rebate.  Only the small print says they pay the rebate over 3 years. 

An S22 for $600 is very doable.  I need to shop a little.  I have an A71 currently that works just fine except for a cracked screen.  I don't need to spend a lot of meet my basic needs. 

I would love to try the Z fold, but $1100 is pretty high.  A guy at a plant I visited had one.  Great for watching stuff on the phone which I seem to do more than my TV much of the time.  He kept a battery pack handy also. 
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 02:24:40 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2022, 02:12:11 PM »
According to the private caller number that keeps leaving me messages, I ordered a $1000 iPhone on Amazon but I need to be home to confirm the purchase. There is no Amazon account tied to my shop number in any way. I hate scammers.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG