Author Topic: Smallish EZ open gun safe  (Read 486 times)

grampster

• friend
Smallish EZ open gun safe
« on: July 15, 2022, 09:29:54 AM »
It's time for me to obtain a smallish, EZ open gun safe for the bedroom.  Large enough to hold 3 handguns; a 4" revolver, Ruger LCP and full size Pistol and an extra mag for each pistol.

Probably a 4 digit code rather than a fingerprint as two of us would access.  Also a backup key if the electronic code failed.

Amazon has a plethora of them form around $100 on up.  Maybe other sources?   Not looking to break the bank for one, but reliability is important.

Edited to add that it's for child proofing, not anti theft.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 12:12:24 PM by grampster »
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Smallish EZ open gun safe
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2022, 01:16:52 PM »
Might I suggest handcuffs and leg irons for the kiddies instead of a gun safe?  Might be more practical in the long run.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2022, 02:22:56 PM »
I'll take a closer look at that.  Thanks, Mike.   
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

grampster

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2022, 12:41:46 PM »
Ordered the Amazon basic steel security safe.  Push button code to open.  Emergency key.  20 pack of AA batteries.  No fire protection.  It does come with 4 lag bolds to secure it if wanted.  .07 cubic feet and dimensions are large enough for all 3 guns and spare mags.  Perfect for what I want...secure from kids.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2022, 05:39:01 PM »
Very cool. Decently flat profile, too.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2022, 05:43:58 PM »
Arrived today.  Meets all expectations and will serve it's purpose very well.