Author Topic: Dark series on The CW  (Read 460 times)

grampster

• friend
Dark series on The CW
« on: July 15, 2022, 02:31:26 PM »
If you want to watch a very dark series on The CW, check out Wayward Pines.  It seems to have a message. Intended or unintended...I can't say much more until you watch it.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Dark series on The CW
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2022, 02:36:14 PM »
I'm gonna need more than that to watch anything on the CW.  I think the only worse written entertainment would be 80's era daytime soaps.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2022, 02:50:27 PM »
I watched that back when it was new.  I seem to recall I enjoyed it, but it ended with the story kinda unfulfilled.  Looking at IMDB there's a season 2 that I don't recall so maybe I didn't finish it.  I was in Iraq for a bunch of 2016 so I may have missed season 2.  It definitely stood out from shows at the time.

AZ, if it helps with your decision, Wayward Pines originally aired on Fox, and was a project the Duffer Bros. worked on directly before starting Stranger Things.  I think they wrote 5 or 6 of the episodes. You can also watch it on Hulu to avoid giving the CW any ad revenue.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2022, 02:59:40 PM »
M. Night Shymalian (sp?) was involved.  We're watching season 2 now.  CW does have a lot of ads, but great for snacks or taking a pee.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2022, 06:50:05 PM »
Read the books. It's a trilogy by Blake Crouch. REALLY GOOD.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.