Author Topic: Vampire Overlords Revealed  (Read 901 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Vampire Overlords Revealed
« on: November 07, 2022, 08:58:30 AM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/07/lab-grown-blood-transfused-to-people-in-world-first-clinical-trial.html

Isn't it pretty much universally true in all the vampire fiction that the globalist cabal of vampires are intrinsically tied to the blood bank industry, and they have patents for synthetic human blood?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Vampire Overlords Revealed
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 09:33:42 AM »
That is the case in the Underworld series.  Not certain about others. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2022, 10:39:05 AM »
I wonder if there would be any religious objections to this technology.

I believe there was some flak about the use of Henrietta Lacks' cells for research on some kind of religious grounds.

Terry, 230RN

REF (Henrietta Lacks, "the immortal woman" and the HeLa cell line):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henrietta_Lacks
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2022, 10:59:48 AM »
I don't see why unless there was some issue in how it was made. 

What were the religious objections to the testing of that woman's tissue?  Been a long time since I read about that.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2022, 11:14:13 AM »
I believe the issue with Henrietta Lacks was informed consent (or lack there of) not religious.

That said, I'm sure that someone, somewhere will claim to have a religious objection to pretty much anything.

Also pretty sure the Blade Universe had some synthetic blood along with the more organic blood farms.  True Blood had synthetic blood as well.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2022, 12:06:59 PM »
There is a lot of interest in synthetic blood for trauma and emergency medical services.  I recall that the Army has also been funding research into this.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2022, 03:40:15 PM »
The consent thing in the HeLa matterr was a big deal, but I recall seeing some things on the idea that she wasn't really dead until all her cells were gone (dead).   Could not "rest in peace" until then.

Hence the "Immortal Woman" misnomer.

Resurrection entered the matter as well.

Thus, by extension, since the artificial blood was "seeded" by real blood cells, it looked like almost the same thing. 

So I just wondered.  As a "Cafeteria Catholic" it didn't matter to me but if I turned on my "Devout Catholic" brain cells, I could understand the problem.

No matter if it didn't occur to anyone else.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 03:59:53 PM by 230RN »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2022, 05:29:45 PM »
The consent thing in the HeLa matterr was a big deal, but I recall seeing some things on the idea that she wasn't really dead until all her cells were gone (dead).   Could not "rest in peace" until then.

Hence the "Immortal Woman" misnomer.

Resurrection entered the matter as well.

Thus, by extension, since the artificial blood was "seeded" by real blood cells, it looked like almost the same thing. 

So I just wondered.  As a "Cafeteria Catholic" it didn't matter to me but if I turned on my "Devout Catholic" brain cells, I could understand the problem.

No matter if it didn't occur to anyone else.

Terry, 230RN
That sounds like a stretch to me.  She is dead and you can't grow her back from cancerous cells.  However, I am not catholic.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2022, 07:42:36 PM »
I don't know if it was a Catholic objection.  My fuzzy recollection is it was another sect of Christianity.  I referred to the "Devout Catholic" part of my brain just to indicate I could understand it on that basis, not that any particular Catholics actually objected.

Well, if nobody else saw any resemblance between the HeLa  affair and the artificial blood thing, OK, that's it.  Blood seems to be held in reverence a lot, viz "This is my body" and "this is my blood," and the Judaic kosher slaughter by exsanguination.  And of course we speak of "blood lines" with importance.

Just wondered.  Me go now.

Terry, 230RN

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2022, 11:40:03 AM »
I believe the issue with Henrietta Lacks was informed consent (or lack there of) not religious.

That said, I'm sure that someone, somewhere will claim to have a religious objection to pretty much anything.

Also pretty sure the Blade Universe had some synthetic blood along with the more organic blood farms.  True Blood had synthetic blood as well.
Blade had the serum he took to avoid drinking blood, but there were also that vampire run blood bank in Prague (iirc) and that whole pool of blood that Blade fell into.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2022, 12:36:16 PM »
I don't know if it was a Catholic objection.  My fuzzy recollection is it was another sect of Christianity.

"No blood!" is a Jehovah's Witness thing.

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2022, 01:41:33 PM »
Is there other vampire fiction besides this one?

Ultraviolet (BBC)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2022, 03:03:27 PM »
Is there other vampire fiction besides this one?

Ultraviolet (BBC)
I guess that appears different than the movie of the same name.  That movie was a bit confusing with overchoreographed fight scenes.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2022, 03:05:12 PM »
I don't know if it was a Catholic objection.  My fuzzy recollection is it was another sect of Christianity.  I referred to the "Devout Catholic" part of my brain just to indicate I could understand it on that basis, not that any particular Catholics actually objected.

Well, if nobody else saw any resemblance between the HeLa  affair and the artificial blood thing, OK, that's it.  Blood seems to be held in reverence a lot, viz "This is my body" and "this is my blood," and the Judaic kosher slaughter by exsanguination.  And of course we speak of "blood lines" with importance.

Just wondered.  Me go now.

Terry, 230RN
I grew up in a non-denominational Church so I would be the last one to know what the big organizations would think of something like that.  Just seems entirely too legalistic to me. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2022, 03:13:27 PM »
I guess that appears different than the movie of the same name.  That movie was a bit confusing with overchoreographed fight scenes.

Yeah, but Milla.  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2022, 03:41:38 PM »
...Just seems entirely too legalistic to me. 

Aptly put. 

Me went.  Me back.  Me go again.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2022, 05:08:50 PM »
I guess that appears different than the movie of the same name.

They're not at all related.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2022, 06:24:17 PM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/07/lab-grown-blood-transfused-to-people-in-world-first-clinical-trial.html

Isn't it pretty much universally true in all the vampire fiction that the globalist cabal of vampires are intrinsically tied to the blood bank industry, and they have patents for synthetic human blood?

<conspiracy>
I wonder what this might do for adrenochrome futures.
</conspiracy>
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.