Author Topic: Looks like they gave Willow the woke treatment and some Indiana Jones news  (Read 3909 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Looks like they gave Willow the woke treatment and some Indiana Jones news
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2023, 04:47:29 PM »
Currently sitting at 1.5 out of 10 on IMDB

But guess what

WTF! Velma season 2 gets the green light!? HBO Max DOUBLES DOWN on Scooby Doo prequel!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAjLZgx9ADQ

And of course you're a racist bigot if you don't like it.

:facepalm:

When did Velma go from white devil to POC?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2023, 05:15:00 PM »
From all I've seen and read, it's SO not worth watching!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2023, 05:25:40 PM »
From all I've seen and read, it's SO not worth watching!

Watch the Drinker video, what they did to the characters is beyond anything I've ever seen before. This thing was made by someone who wants the fans to hate it.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2023, 05:32:03 PM »
Watch the Drinker video, what they did to the characters is beyond anything I've ever seen before. This thing was made by someone who wants the fans to hate it.

BT;DT
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2023, 05:58:31 PM »
I had heard that show was only allowed to finish because it was already done when the current leadership took over.  Green lighting a 2nd season sounds like people in the leadership are not actually watching the shows.

Or else they're afraid to drop it because it might make them appear to be unwoke and r...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2023, 09:39:38 PM »
Or else they're afraid to drop it because it might make them appear to be unwoke and r...

I heard someone mention ESG scores also.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

JN01

• friend
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2023, 01:17:15 AM »
I thought Scooby Doo was stupid when I was 9 years old. Can't imagine a newer woke version being anywhere near watchable.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2023, 02:54:46 AM »
I thought Scooby Doo was stupid when I was 9 years old. Can't imagine a newer woke version being anywhere near watchable.

Very much this.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2023, 06:58:44 AM »
I loved Scooby Doo.

I still love Scooby Doo and will, when I have the chance, watch the original shows.

The later iterations, Scooby and Friends, Scooby and Scrappy... those were horrific.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2023, 07:17:58 AM »
I enjoyed Scooby as a kid, but I don't think I've watched it since.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2023, 07:42:45 AM »
This will probably start a fight but I thought the Live action movies (2002 and 2004) are the best Scooby Doo media.

I watched the show on Saturday mornings as a kid, but it was always a little campy, at best.  That said, the themes of work together as a team and beware of creepy groundskeepers are good lessons for kids.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2023, 08:45:56 AM »
I enjoyed Scooby as a kid, but I don't think I've watched it since.

Same here. 

I enjoyed the live action movies, but not enough to own a copy or anything.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2023, 10:14:35 AM »
As I think was mentioned, I am hearing Andor was good (as far as Star Wars goes), but I just can't see myself signing up for Disney again to watch it.  I don't want to support that company.   I figure there will be non-Disney options at some point.

I watched Andor.  And I think Rogue One is the only good contribution that Disney has made to the Star Wars story and franchise.

But I have a big problem with Andor, that I am surprised others don't have:  The whole reason Casian committed to the Scarrif raid was because of his time as a spy.  He and his fellow wet-work mercs had been fighting for the rebellion their entire lives.  They had done unconscionable things that they had a hard time living with (our introduction to Casian in that movie is evidence of this well enough, when he kills his informant contact because the man is incapable of escaping imperial arrest).  They had invested their consciences and souls into the Rebellion, and it wasn't paying off.  So they committed to the Scarrif raid under Jyn's leadership, in a bid to finally spark the real war for freedom rather than the endless political wrangling that Mon Mothma and Bail Organa were mired in.

I wanted to see THIS side of Casian Andor.  The spy, the wet-work for the Rebellion, the selling of his soul to buy freedom for all.  And I don't think this show presented that. 
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2023, 10:41:34 AM »
I watched Andor.  And I think Rogue One is the only good contribution that Disney has made to the Star Wars story and franchise.

But I have a big problem with Andor, that I am surprised others don't have:  The whole reason Casian committed to the Scarrif raid was because of his time as a spy.  He and his fellow wet-work mercs had been fighting for the rebellion their entire lives.  They had done unconscionable things that they had a hard time living with (our introduction to Casian in that movie is evidence of this well enough, when he kills his informant contact because the man is incapable of escaping imperial arrest).  They had invested their consciences and souls into the Rebellion, and it wasn't paying off.  So they committed to the Scarrif raid under Jyn's leadership, in a bid to finally spark the real war for freedom rather than the endless political wrangling that Mon Mothma and Bail Organa were mired in.

I wanted to see THIS side of Casian Andor.  The spy, the wet-work for the Rebellion, the selling of his soul to buy freedom for all.  And I don't think this show presented that.

Liked that R1 gave us a peak into the dark underbelly of the rebellion and it's effect on those involved. The rebellion was never going to succeed unless there were those willing to get their hands dirty outside of the lime light. It made for a far more human story than we usually get in the SW verse.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2023, 09:12:06 AM »
Toy Story 5 announced

Your guesses?

Toy Story 5, Toy Lives Matter
Toy Story 5, Brokeback Toy Box
Toy Story 5, Coming out of the box.
- Calvin and Hobbes

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2023, 08:08:40 PM »
Toy Story 5 announced

Your guesses?

Toy Story 5, Toy Lives Matter
Toy Story 5, Brokeback Toy Box
Toy Story 5, Coming out of the box.

Undoubtedly Andy really needed girl toys this whole time and the final sequel will do away with the toxic boy toys.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2023, 09:05:54 AM »
I heard about that. 
Lube Skywalker and Han Swallow. 

Gives new meaning to "Han shot first".   =D :laugh: :facepalm:
Star Wars is dead.  At least Disney Star Wars is dead.  Disney Star Wars and Disney Marvel have become bad internet fan fiction. 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2023, 10:08:47 AM »
1.4 on IMDB. One if the lowest scores ever.
7% audience score on RT
And yet......

Warner CEO confirms Velma Season 2! Mindy Kaling PROMOTED and working on MULTIPLE new shows!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpU9AU4zpA4

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2023, 10:40:59 AM »
Don't ever think they're giving up and as usual they're changing existing characters instead of creating new one.

Starsky & Hutch Sasha and Nicole

With show-runners Sam Sklaver and Elizabeth Peterson, the new series is said to focus on the two female detectives, Sasha Starsky and Nicole Hutchinson.

Starsky & Hutch is 'set to return to screens as Fox develop a revamped female-led version of the 1970s show'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11763265/Starsky-Hutch-set-return-screens-Fox-develop-female-led-version-1970s-show.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2023, 12:44:23 PM »
Don't ever think they're giving up and as usual they're changing existing characters instead of creating new one.

Starsky & Hutch Sasha and Nicole

Starsky & Hutch is 'set to return to screens as Fox develop a revamped female-led version of the 1970s show'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11763265/Starsky-Hutch-set-return-screens-Fox-develop-female-led-version-1970s-show.html
I am not young, but I think that show was before my time.  What audience are they trying to attract?  The only way it gets attention is if they go heavy into 70's fashion which might give it some boost. 

Of course, it is probably cheaper to make than superhero movies or SciFi.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2023, 01:45:19 PM »
. . . Starsky & Hutch is 'set to return to screens as Fox develop a revamped female-led version of the 1970s show'  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11763265/Starsky-Hutch-set-return-screens-Fox-develop-female-led-version-1970s-show.html
Wow, two female cops as the leads. What are they going to call this brilliant new concept show - Cagney and Lacey? Or maybe Rizzoli and Isles?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Because of the WAR ON GAZE!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Willow got canned.

https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxBbJkU6AYtGtt8BuCvmHflZT5RomyNM8O

I liked Willow as a kid, but its entire world falls apart as an adult.  In general, I loathe fantasy properties that rely upon "prophecies" that are less than 1 generation old in their world.  Tir Asleen had barely fallen in the movie, and a veteran soldier army existed that could fight against Bavmorda and had been doing so.  Elora Danon was a MacGuffin plot device.  The whole movie would have been stronger without Elora Danon and the prophecy, and instead relied upon the simplicity of Bavmorda's terror as a plot motivator.

Prophecies absent a religious underpinning irk me.  If they rely upon agnostic magical powers then the metaphysics of the magical system need to be fleshed out as to how good and evil are defined, how balance is regarded, and what forces are in play to generate a prophecy that adepts may use as guidance.
--Lysander Spooner