Author Topic: Zero Bail Advocacy Org Shuts Down After Being Sued  (Read 1141 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Zero Bail Advocacy Org Shuts Down After Being Sued
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2023, 01:08:18 PM »
Then the graph would imply that there were far more blacks than whites victimized in September 2001, no? Unconfuse me, somebody. "Seems strange for attacks on Manhattan office buildings and the Pentagon," he said, non-racistally.  (The peaks seem to occur right at mid-September on the abscissa for 2001.)

Look again. The peak for black victims is relatively low for Sept 2001, compared to whites & Hispanics in the same month.

It's the rate, not the absolute numbers.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2023, 01:31:12 PM »
Can we get a source on that graph, please. 
It seems like a strange way to present that data and I'd like to see the context.
7-11 was a part time job.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2023, 02:10:44 PM »
It seems like a strange way to present that data and I'd like to see the context.

Seems fairly straightforward. A comparison of homicide victimization rates across time, for 3 racial groups.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2023, 02:28:36 PM »
Then the graph would imply that there were far more blacks than whites victimized in September 2001, no? Unconfuse me, somebody. "Seems strange for attacks on Manhattan office buildings and the Pentagon," he said, non-racistally.  (The peaks seem to occur right at mid-September on the abscissa for 2001.)

No, because the increase due to 911 is the amplitude of the spike, not the absolute value of the spike. So the black rate went fro 23-ish per 100,000 to 31-ish, while the white spike was from 3 to 15-ish per 100,000. Combined with the difference in population size that seems correct at first glance for a 911 victim pool tha was predominantly white.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2023, 04:58:07 PM »

No...The graphs are for rates of death per 100,000 people of that demographic group in the USA not raw numbers...

Pb

• friend
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2023, 04:59:17 PM »

Here is the source of the graph.

https://www.takimag.com/article/the-floyd-effect/

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
7-11 was a part time job.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2023, 04:32:21 PM »
Interesting article, esp. with some of the other graphs.  :O
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”