Author Topic: Unclear on the concept  (Read 223 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Unclear on the concept
« on: January 23, 2023, 10:20:26 AM »
There is a software company called Wondershare ( https://www.wondershare.com/ ) that publishes "reviews" of various categories of software. I've never bought from them, but their "reviews" keep popping up when I do Internet searches for reviews on vatious categories of software.

The latest was when I was looking for information about free digital signature certificate authorities. Wondershare published a review entitled "Need Free Digital Signature? Here are 6 Free Digital Signature Software." But out of the six, three are paid services that offer a [very] limited free trial, and one isn't a CA, it's an on-line forms creation site. I wrote to them to complain that the title of the article was false and misleading.

The first reply from Wondershare:

In line with your concern, Signx is a paid product. However, it provides a free trial of 5 signatures so customers can 'test-drive' before deciding to purchase. All these help customers make an informed purchase decision and avoid buying the wrong product for their needs.

So I wrote back, to reiterate that a brief trial period is not "free" service. Their second reply:

Thanks for the response.

It still offers free service for a short time though unlike other software which doesn't provide free trial and would ask for payment before you can use it.

Which, of course, doesn't actually address the issue that a limited trial period does not equate to "free," which means their article is still misleading.

This is not the first time I have caught Wondershare posting blatantly incorrect, if not intentionally false, information in their "reviews." I refuse to buy anything from them because I have learned that they can't be trusted.

Did I mention that the first product discussed in their review conveniently happens to be their product?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Unclear on the concept
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2023, 10:22:41 AM »
You're tilting at windmills brother.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2023, 10:26:25 AM »
Yea, it's biased marketing propaganda designed to capture views from search engines.  Drive on.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2023, 10:30:40 AM »
You're tilting at windmills brother.

I've been house-bound with some kind of flu-like bug (not COVID) for a month. Got nothing better to do.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design