Author Topic: John Fetterman  (Read 11540 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: John Fetterman
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2023, 06:40:03 PM »
I took the car keys away from my mom long before it got that far.

Nobody saw him drive to the hearing ... you can't prove anything.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2023, 06:59:51 PM »
. . . Yet it certainly makes you think about the sick minds who pushed him into this, and the sick minds on social media and in the MSM who promote him as "totally normal" . . .
Are the people who actually voted for him anything less than sick?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2023, 07:38:16 PM »
Fetterman Filibusters Senate For Seven Hours While Attempting To Say 'Hello'
https://babylonbee.com/news/fetterman-filibusters-senate-for-seven-hours-while-attempting-to-say-hello
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2023, 07:49:55 PM »
Golly, if only the Republicans could run someone as electable as Fetterman.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2023, 07:54:15 PM »

A sad truth in that election. "Endorsed by Trump".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2023, 07:57:52 PM »

The Ds will still out print the Rs in ballots
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2023, 08:51:51 AM »
The Ds will still out print the Rs in ballots
Sadly true. Philly in particular has displaced Chicago as the nation's capitol of election fraud. Remember in the Obama vs Romney election, there were 59 precincts in the Philadelphia area carried by Obama - that was expected, but a margin of 19,305 votes for Obama compared to 0 - that's ZERO - for Romney was not. Nobody voted for Romney, even by mistake. Ferdinand Marcos and Kim Jong Un would be proud.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2023, 09:02:28 AM »
Fetterman Filibusters Senate For Seven Hours While Attempting To Say 'Hello'
https://babylonbee.com/news/fetterman-filibusters-senate-for-seven-hours-while-attempting-to-say-hello

Though Fetterman's unplanned filibuster lasted for over seven hours, Republican members of the Senate privately expressed relief. "Him coming back to work turned out to be a blessing in disguise," one GOP senator said under the condition of anonymity. "The more we can keep him talking, the easier it will be to roadblock the Democrats' agenda. I'm ready to help put him in charge of more committees if it keeps going like this!"
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2023, 09:09:55 AM »
Sadly true. Philly in particular has displaced Chicago as the nation's capitol of election fraud. Remember in the Obama vs Romney election, there were 59 precincts in the Philadelphia area carried by Obama - that was expected, but a margin of 19,305 votes for Obama compared to 0 - that's ZERO - for Romney was not. Nobody voted for Romney, even by mistake. Ferdinand Marcos and Kim Jong Un would be proud.

This is untrue.

There are 66 wards in Philadelphia, and none of them had zero votes for Romney in 2012.  There were individual divisions in those wards that had zero Romney votes, but no whole wards.  You can download the excel results and look for yourself here: https://vote.phila.gov/resources-data/past-election-results/

Most of these division had a couple hundred votes total.  So three or four hundred folks all voted for Obama, and non for Romney not 19,000.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2023, 01:39:27 PM »
This is untrue.

There are 66 wards in Philadelphia, and none of them had zero votes for Romney in 2012.  There were individual divisions in those wards that had zero Romney votes, but no whole wards.  You can download the excel results and look for yourself here: https://vote.phila.gov/resources-data/past-election-results/

Most of these division had a couple hundred votes total.  So three or four hundred folks all voted for Obama, and non for Romney not 19,000.
So you're saying this source lied:

https://www.inquirer.com/philly/news/politics/20121112_In_59_Philadelphia_voting_wards__Mitt_Romney_got_zero_votes.html

CBS' take on this also mentions that in 2008, 57 "divisions" reported zero votes for McCain.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/romney-earned-zero-votes-in-some-urban-precincts/

Over in Ohio, Romney got zero votes in a number of precincts.

https://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/2012/11/cuyahoga_county_precinct_map_s.html#incart_river

Nothing to see here, move along.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2023, 02:15:40 PM »
No.  I said the statement: ", there were 59 precincts in the Philadelphia area carried by Obama - that was expected, but a margin of 19,305 votes for Obama compared to 0 - that's ZERO - for Romney" was untrue, and provided receipts.

It's not my fault the sources got it wrong.  Apparently the MSM wasn't very accurate back in 2012 either.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2023, 03:15:27 PM »
One of the comments really hit it on the head for me. This at one time would indeed be a skit on a comedy show with the audience laughing as Fetterman enters the scene.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2023, 03:30:35 PM »
Is there some reason why Fetterman was in shorts and a hoodie while all the other men were wearing suits?  Did he just wake up from his nap or something?
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2023, 03:38:22 PM »
Is there some reason why Fetterman was in shorts and a hoodie while all the other men were wearing suits?  Did he just wake up from his nap or something?

Seems to be his standard attire
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2023, 01:37:26 PM »
Fetterman's office has begun editing his quotes to make them clear, most recently in his questioning of the former CEO of Silicon Valley Bank.

What was released by Fetterman's office:
“Shouldn’t you have a working requirement after we bail out your bank? Republicans seem to be more preoccupied with SNAP requirements for hungry people than protecting taxpayers that have to bail out these banks.”

What he actually said:
“The Republicans want to give a work requirement for SNAP. You know, for a uh, uh, uh, a hungry family has to have these, this kind of penalties, or these some kinds of word — working uh, require — Shouldn’t you have a working requirement, after we sail your bank, billions of your bank? Because you seem we were preoccupied, uh when, then SNAP requirements for works, for hungry people, but not about protecting the tax, the tax papers, you know, that will bail them out of whatever does about a bank to crash it.”

I don't think the banker answered since neither he nor anyone else could extract meaning from that word salad.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2023, 01:40:03 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2023, 02:36:32 PM »

I don't think the banker answered since neither he nor anyone else could extract meaning from that word salad.

They just didn't have the right salad dressing ...

Pb

• friend
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2023, 05:38:12 PM »
I don't think any banks or businesses of any sort should ever be bailed out.

I think all welfare programs should be 100% legislated, funded and controlled the particular state that they serve.

What does that make me?

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2023, 07:08:33 PM »

I think all welfare programs should be 100% legislated, funded and controlled the particular state that they serve.

What does that make me?

*checks DNC flowchart*

That makes you a Nazi.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2023, 07:53:51 PM »

What does that make me?

Sane?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2023, 10:31:30 PM »

*checks DNC flowchart*

That makes you a Nazi.

Correct! The judges would also have accepted MAGA extremist, s#*tlord, deplorable, or of course, literally Hitler.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2023, 04:09:54 PM »

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2023, 04:19:28 PM »
That would be my reaction if I was a Dem in congress.  Mocking laughter that the R's are doing a dog and pony show for their base.  What are they going to do, actually remove him from politics?  "Random Democrat" polls higher than Biden.  The RNC getting rid of their albatross-around-the-neck candidate is a gift.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2023, 04:13:43 PM »
Schumer nixed the dress code for senators. Staff still need to follow it. I want all the Rs to show up in board shorts, t-shirts, and flip flops next week.

https://twitchy.com/coucy/2023/09/17/schumer-nixes-senate-dress-code-because-god-forbid-fetterman-have-to-wear-a-suit-n2387385

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2023, 08:49:26 PM »
^^^^

Of all the thing the Senate could be working on, or we could be holding the Senate accountable for, the dress code is like 986 on the list.

Twitchy be farming the clicks.