Author Topic: John Fetterman  (Read 11508 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
John Fetterman
« on: February 16, 2023, 04:05:42 PM »
So nobody saw this coming, right? This is totally out of the blue and unexpected. Only an extremist would have suggested something like this might happen.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2023/02/16/gisele-fetterman-shares-statement-about-her-husband-admitting-himself-to-the-hospital/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: John Fetterman
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2023, 04:10:42 PM »
Depression worsening after a life altering event, who would guess.

If I had to make a SWAG I would bet on suicidal ideation. Normally that is what gets you an immediate trip to an inpatient facility after a chat with another health care provider.

There will be two camps on his decision. The first, mostly libs will praise him for seeking help and bringing a light of truth to how mental illness is real and can strike anyone at anytime, a heroic battle against inner (and outer) demons. The other camp will be wanting assurances he can fulfill the duties of his office. Having already missed votes and missing more is it time for him to resign and battle his obvious and not so obvious demons?

I kind of feel sorry for the guy, he has no business being where he is but but because the vote in a majority is more important than the person it does not surprise me he did not withdraw when he had his stroke, much of which I would bet is because his wife wanted the glory and recognition of being a Senator's wife, much like the precedent Dr. Jill set with her sock puppet for a much higher office.

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2023, 04:13:44 PM »
I kind of feel sorry for the guy, he has no business being where he is but but because the vote in a majority is more important than the person it does not surprise me he did not withdraw when he had his stroke, much of which I would bet is because his wife wanted the glory and recognition of being a Senator's wife, much like the precedent Dr. Jill set with her sock puppet for a much higher office.

bob

I'm not a lib, and I hope he gets the help he needs. There was a lot of talk that his harridan wife was the mastermind behind his running, with the idea of being the stealth senator. It's going to be really interesting, when he resigns (which he will), if somehow the push is made for his wife to take his place.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2023, 04:57:26 PM »
One ought to have the same compassion for Fetterman, Biden, Feinstein, and other non compos officials of the foreign occupation, as we ought to have had for that twisted puppet of hatred, Osama bin Laden. Which is not say they deserve the same fate. Rather, our compassion for them as humans should not cover over the fact that they are enemies; tools of a foreign power, who knowingly work for the destruction or enslavement of their fellow citizens.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2023, 05:06:34 PM »
I'm not going to bark at him about this. As my knee problem lingered through November, December, and January I was struggling with depression from it.

I understand it.

Should he have continued to run/been elected? That's a different issue.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2023, 06:47:51 PM »
The stroke they lied about was just prior to the primary. His campaign could easily have endorsed one of the other candidates. But Fetterman is a horrible human being, and apparently his family is the same.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2023, 07:48:03 PM »
The stroke they lied about was just prior to the primary. His campaign could easily have endorsed one of the other candidates. But Fetterman is a horrible human being, and apparently his family is the same.
Pre-stroke Fetterman was an empty suit . . . and that's a charitable description.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2023, 09:22:49 PM »

As I said -- different issue.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2023, 08:09:00 AM »
And the GOP didn't run someone who could beat this guy.  Their incompetency continues to not surprise me.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2023, 08:37:34 AM »
And the GOP didn't run someone who could beat this guy the machine.  Their incompetency continues to not surprise me.

FIFY
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2023, 08:49:49 AM »
And the GOP didn't run someone who could beat this guy.  Their incompetency continues to not surprise me.
I don't think that is the correct way to frame the situation.  If Fetterman can win, it isn't a case of people comparing the candidates and choosing the best one, or the most "electable".  Oz is hardly my choice as a good candidate, but he is at the very least mentally competent.  As were (at least as far as I know) the other Democratic candidates in that race.  The fact that Fetterman beat anyone gives lie to the idea that it is simply a case of the GOP running better candidates as we hear every election.

The point is, in many races the relative quality of the candidates simply doesn't matter.  It's not that the GOP runs bad candidates - although they often do - it is that Democrats don't have to run good candidates to win.  Whether that is because straight ticket Democrats are just that much more common or motivated than Republicans, or because of Democrats' near total capture of established media and entertainment, or something altogether more nefarious I leave as an exercise for the reader.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2023, 12:57:18 PM »
I don't think that is the correct way to frame the situation.  If Fetterman can win, it isn't a case of people comparing the candidates and choosing the best one, or the most "electable".  Oz is hardly my choice as a good candidate, but he is at the very least mentally competent.  As were (at least as far as I know) the other Democratic candidates in that race.  The fact that Fetterman beat anyone gives lie to the idea that it is simply a case of the GOP running better candidates as we hear every election.

The point is, in many races the relative quality of the candidates simply doesn't matter.  It's not that the GOP runs bad candidates - although they often do - it is that Democrats don't have to run good candidates to win.  Whether that is because straight ticket Democrats are just that much more common or motivated than Republicans, or because of Democrats' near total capture of established media and entertainment, or something altogether more nefarious I leave as an exercise for the reader.
I agree with that. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2023, 07:09:23 PM »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2023, 03:45:23 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2023, 05:22:02 PM »
LOL WUT? Jane Pauley suggests there could be a President Fetterman.
https://twitchy.com/artistangie-313138/2023/04/02/lol-wut-jane-pauley-suggests-there-could-be-a-president-fetterman/

Not sure what's so funny about it. They've put a potato in the Oval Office before.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2023, 07:02:03 PM »
The current potato In the oval office is one with a big nasty black, rotten core.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2023, 07:09:27 PM »
Whether that is because straight ticket Democrats are just that much more common or motivated than Republicans, or because of Democrats' near total capture of established media and entertainment, or something altogether more nefarious I leave as an exercise for the reader.

These options are not mutually exclusive.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2023, 08:17:03 PM »
The current potato In the oval office is one with a big nasty black, rotten core.

Racist!

zahc

• friend
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2023, 09:43:42 PM »
I agree with that.

I do not agree with that. The GOP couldn't win against a candidate with brain damage. A glaring example of GOP incompetence. Everything else is just an an excuse.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2023, 10:04:19 PM »
I do not agree with that. The GOP couldn't win against a candidate with brain damage. A glaring example of GOP incompetence. Everything else is just an an excuse.
Or cheating.  Gotta have some proof of that though. 

I don't recall anyone saying the R candidate was all that great.  The R's have the same issue Democrats have in some places.  Very few good candidates, none in some states.  Or at least none that survive to the state/national level.  Lots of big money interests pushing candidates voters don't like.

Of course, there is some wishful thinking.  Only a few years ago, DeSantis was a hair away from losing to a gay, cocaine addict.  Done well since then, but it was real close that first time.  If he had lost, not sure where Florida would be today.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2023, 11:10:10 AM »
Thing is, the woke see brain damage as being a plus - huge victim card.

And the party now seems controlled by the Woke.
Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2023, 04:56:45 PM »
^^^^ That is painful to watch. But truthfully, who really expected anything different?

https://twitter.com/drefanzor/status/1648387924071940097

bob

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2023, 05:07:48 PM »
I took the car keys away from my mom long before it got that far.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 05:22:24 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2023, 05:51:04 PM »
But truthfully, who really expected anything different?

bob

None of us here, I would think. Yet it certainly makes you think about the sick minds who pushed him into this, and the sick minds on social media and in the MSM who promote him as "totally normal".

Though I do assign some blame to him. Regardless of the stroke, he seemed to have the wherewithal to check himself into whatever rehab, so he seems to have enough wits about him to know that this was a bad idea and he should have said no. That wife must be something in the sack to have pushed him to this.