Author Topic: This Shows Proof Of Creation  (Read 1811 times)

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
This Shows Proof Of Creation
« on: February 24, 2023, 11:45:05 AM »
Believe it or not, THIS shows that the universe was created all at once; not billions of years ago but thousands of years ago as told in the Bible.. Otherwise, those galaxies that the James Webb Space Telescope is looking at would be as "science" predicted.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

HankB

• friend
Re: This Shows Proof Of Creation
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2023, 12:05:54 PM »
It doesn't mean the age of the universe is many orders of magnitude younger than we think, it just means our science is incomplete.

Which we already knew.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2023, 12:13:40 PM »
I can't even begin to fathom how you arrived at that conclusion but.... sure. Why not.

But, my interpretation is that the Bible is also wrong on its dating.

The universe is only 3 weeks old.

Everything we think we know, everything we think we remember? Implanted memories. From aliens.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2023, 12:16:59 PM »
It doesn't mean the age of the universe is many orders of magnitude younger than we think, it just means our science is incomplete.

Which we already knew.
This.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2023, 12:17:42 PM »

Everything we think we know, everything we think we remember? Implanted memories. From aliens.

Would explain our ingrain fear of anal probing.
Well, most of us anyway.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2023, 12:43:20 PM »
Not sure why you would think an image from 13.1 B light years away would prove, or even imply, a lifespan of the universe of a  thousands years.  If anything it strengthens the argument for the opposite.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2023, 12:45:03 PM »
Would explain our ingrain fear of anal probing.
Well, most of us anyway.

Nah, that's just your memory.

Of being planted...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2023, 12:48:12 PM »

Which we already knew.

Yep.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

grampster

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2023, 01:18:05 PM »
Some attempt to define God and what He is or did with respect to the Universe.  Some have no belief in God whatsoever and attempt to define the Universe based on observation and "science".  Some don't care one way or another.  Some combine the various possibilities and wonder and marvel. 

Some read the bible and pay attention and believe by "faith" comments by a writer inspired by God to put down what He wanted us to know....that's where God said "My ways are not your ways, My thoughts are not your thoughts, (Isaiah 55:8-9) to God a day is like a thousand years and a thousand years is like a day. (2Peter 3:8)  That commentary would lead a "believer by faith" to understand that time is of no consequence for God as we attempt to understand it.  So what appears to us as billions, perhaps was only seconds or actually none at all as He is not limited by time...but actually the creator of it.  How does one actually define or even understand that which spoke nothing into something.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2023, 01:31:26 PM »
I don't look for science to provide proof for my faith.  IMO, that is a mental trap to weary of. 

Every time we build something to look further or get closer, we always find a lot more information that either greatly builds on our knowledge or changes what we think we know.  Why is this always a surprise to some people? 

And I thought it was a given that most all of the scientific theories about the origin of the universe were more like stories that fit the minimal data we have, not proven by the data.  IMO, most of what we think we know about the pre-historic past is that way.  Someone came up with a plausible story and came up with circumstantial evidence that seems to back it up.  All the other scientists agree with it so that is what is taught as fact. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2023, 01:37:21 PM »
Believe it or not, THIS shows that the universe was created all at once; not billions of years ago but thousands of years ago as told in the Bible.. Otherwise, those galaxies that the James Webb Space Telescope is looking at would be as "science" predicted.

Woody

I had a completely different take-away.  That "Creation" is as false as the notion of a T=0 point for time.  There was no "Big Bang."  Existence is constantly re-creating itself as the Universe at the multigalactic level undergoes death and birth just like bacteria, humans, animals, individual stars, and solar systems.

The good news that I take away from this is that the cosmologists that propose there is insufficient mass in the Universe for a reversal of the Big Bang are wrong, and that Existence Itself is not doomed to perpetual expansion and entropy to the heat death of the Universe.  Some other "Bang" created the galaxies in question, unrelated to our own Bang.  And it's still too far away for us to see via any portion of the electromagnetic spectrum.  The Universe is a froth of existence, the scope of which is still too large for us to fathom, the boundaries of which are beyond our science.  But a "Bang" is a bubbling reaction of the froth, and it is most likely not unique.

I take great heart in this.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2023, 01:41:38 PM »
Of COURSE there was a Big Bang!

I watched it regularly for years! Great ensemble cast.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2023, 03:59:07 PM »
At the end of the day I don’t view opinions on the age of the universe as a salvation issue.  There are plenty of ways to asses the purported age of the universe while being consistent with believing the Bible, and therefore God’s word is true.
Formerly sumpnz

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2023, 04:22:05 PM »
Of COURSE there was a Big Bang!

I watched it regularly for years! Great ensemble cast.

I must be the bigger man, and admit I was wrong about The Big Bang Theory.

Until a few weeks ago, and at least once on APS, I dismissed it as a show with an obvious premise (look what happens when these nerds come up against this cleavage!), and an annoying laugh track. And those things are true.

Still a funny show, with likeable characters. My wife would probably be on season 12 by now, if she wasn’t letting me go back and watch the earlier seasons I was only half-watching a couple of weeks ago.

(no bazinga will be forth-coming)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2023, 07:11:45 PM »
Better late than never.

Now try watching Young Sheldon. It's also quite excellent.

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2023, 07:24:05 PM »
I can't even begin to fathom how you arrived at that conclusion but.... sure. Why not.

But, my interpretation is that the Bible is also wrong on its dating.

The universe is only 3 weeks old.

How Do You Know This?
WHO TELLS YOU THESE THINGS!?!?
7-11 was a part time job.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2023, 08:23:50 PM »
I really enjoyed the Big Bang Theory for 5 seasons or so.  When I started really looking at the media I was watching for the underlying premises I noticed that it's really just a whole show predicated at laughing at the so called nerds.

They are framed as the protagonists,  but if you listen to the laugh track and writing it's obvious the audience is meant to be mocking the four of them for their foibles and hobbies.   The show is actually pretty mean spirited. That took a lot of the fun out of it for me.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2023, 08:32:12 PM »
I never saw it that way.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2023, 01:44:56 AM »
I really enjoyed the Big Bang Theory for 5 seasons or so.  When I started really looking at the media I was watching for the underlying premises I noticed that it's really just a whole show predicated at laughing at the so called nerds.

They are framed as the protagonists,  but if you listen to the laugh track and writing it's obvious the audience is meant to be mocking the four of them for their foibles and hobbies.   The show is actually pretty mean spirited. That took a lot of the fun out of it for me.

Aren't a lot of comedies based on finding humor in the shortcomings of flawed, yet lovable characters? The Office laughed at unremarkable (or remarkably weird) people working unglamorous jobs. The Andy Griffith Show made fun of idiosyncratic townies and hill folk. But the audience roots for those people, and identifies with them. I don't think they made The Big Bang Theory for jocks and mean girls, and I don't think Manhattan CEOs are the ones buying the Andy Griffith DVDs at Cracker Barrel.

Also, my wife and I just watched the episode in which Sheldon tells Amy he loves her, and they suck face. The studio audience wasn't laughing. They were going wild with excitement.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 02:41:21 AM by Perd Hapley »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2023, 07:15:58 AM »
How Do You Know This?

Nice try, but it's aliens all the way down.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2023, 07:18:05 AM »
"The show is actually pretty mean spirited."

Which is what makes it absolutely wonderful!

Actually, I both agree and disagree with your assessment, but in no way does that change my view that the BBT was an excellent show and I'm sorry that it's off the air.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2023, 09:38:23 AM »
 I once got in to an internet search for the origin of the universe, the gobbledeegook  stuff science promulgates is probably designed to be  confusing to people with less than academic vocabularies.
   Let me get real sciency for you guys.
In the beginning there was nothing, nothing blew up and created everything.
   I do not understand why they let people get on planes with nothing in their pockets!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

griz

• friend
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2023, 10:08:30 AM »
How Do You Know This?

The aliens something so wrong that gives away the entire scheme:

They are running Canidates for office who cannot competently run their own lives.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

griz

• friend
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2023, 10:12:51 AM »
The show is actually pretty mean spirited.

It surprised me in this enlightened age that they made fun of Barry's speech impediment.  Admittedly he was a character made to be unlikeable, and they made fun of everybody, but I thought that would be to un-PC for the time.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2023, 10:17:13 AM »
Can anyone get the notion that there may have been many MiniBangs along the way, each creating a new galaxy, mayhaps a new miniUniverse? Our galaxies are constantly (if slowly, in our time terms) coalescing and it's known that many have a black hole at their centers.  Some may be getting ready to "let go."  I call this The Little Pop Theory.

The Bible is a wonderful source of wisdom and I quote it a lot.  But.  I personally doubt that it is the inerrant 100% word of G-d; viz the something like 100 different versions of it. But there is still enormous value in it, even though I find that following begats down to the first begatter the most tenuous kind of historical evidence of anything.

https://youtu.be/wuINOmsVAMA

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.